Series: Mr Bates vs. The Post Office - great binge TV

Good to see the show is growing in popularity.

1 Like

pirate, I tried to watch Breathtaking but just couldn’t do it. It just hit too close to home for me. My little sister was in Intensive care for 7 weeks with the virus.

So I’ve been watching Shetland. I’ve been enjoying it, the scenery and dealing a wee bit with the Scot accent. I wish that I could get subtitles to help.

1 Like

What are you watching Shetland withi ie what app

onstream app has full series with subtitles

yes i agree i had covid and it was hard to watch

A fun paid sub that is cheap on the Texas side of the pond(s). Acorn TV.
Offers some of the best from Australia, NZ, Canada and UK
I watch Shetland on Stremio with subtitles
Acorn is my one and only paid subscription

I’m using my usual, Twilight on Kodi. I have opensubtitles but recall seeing, but not reading, a thread that opensubtitles was down or something like that. I tried it with Shetland and it only had Portuguese subtitles. It’s not really a big deal as I am able to follow much better than I thought I would.

A short story, Years ago I was working on a large installation project at Samsung, in Austin, TX. There was a shortage of electricians for the project so Samsung brought in a crew of journeyman electricians from Scotland and they were staying at the same hotel as I was. The local Union wouldn’t let them work on the project even though the Union didn’t have enough journymen for the project. It was so fascinating to speak to them and understand what they were saying. But when they got together to watch football, it was like a whole different language.

yes ime english and have same problem also need subtitles :rofl:

I’m so sorry that you had to go through that. My partner and I, fortunately missed it so far. She’s disabled and on a med that reduces her immunity system. So I got all the shots, wore a mask everywhere so that I wouldn’t bring anything home to her. She would have been gone if she got it.

glad you missed it not something i would wish on anyone

1 Like

I tried Stremio but just couldn’t get into for some reason I can’t recall. Thank you for the tip on Acorn. I will check into it.

You ever decide to go back to Stremio PM me. I can walk you through it. It’s pretty easy. The one thing you’ll love is set it up one time only and then any other device you install it on, you just log in, and your entire setup is applied as well as your watched history, library, everything. No more configuration.

1 Like