Series; Masters of the Air, WWII B17 Bomber Squadron

Masters of the Air, new series about a B-17 squadron world war II.

1 Like

Looking very forward to this.Loved band of brothers,and the pacific.

1 Like

Put that in my list to watch last week. Tx @AJS1

1 Like

Thanks for the information will keep a look out for that. I do like band of brothers.

1 Like

Soft spot for B-17’s. Dad flew 25 missions in those.

Made 25 missions! That’s amazing with the survival rate so low

1 Like

Just started watching this great new mini series called Masters of the air. It’s about b17 crew’s during the war . Watched 2 episodes so far and I think it’s great check it out. :+1:

2 Likes

This series turned out to be pretty good. I’ve never watched anything of a show movie or series where it showed the bombers aspect of world war II. A little bit of literature B17 bomber very beautiful however it can only hold anywhere from 8, 000 to 12,000 lb of bombs the British Lancaster with haul 22,000 lb of bombs very impressive.

Just finished Masters of The Air, excellent documentary.

Finished it a couple of nights ago. OMG what a series. Amazing scenery and top knotch acting. Well done. Loved the very end where they gave us updates on the real ppl depicted in the series. Would love this to carry on.

I never imagined the B-17 fuselage peeling. Nor did I realize that at one point they were flying missions just to get the German fighters up in the air. My father didn’t talk a lot about the flights. I have even more respect for these flyers to keep flying those missions day after day sometimes. Love you Dad.

2 Likes

It was a good & accurate series. Could have made it longer to be more detailed.
If you are interested there is a 1hr making of the series movie called The Bloody Hundredth.

Darn right I’m interested. My mother was 10 In England during the time of this story. My Father was 11. When she talked about it she cried, every time. My father couldn’t, and never did, talk about the war at all. Tx my friend, that was cool of you. Be well and PM me anytime I can help.

My dad was in India during World War II. Yeah a lot of folks don’t want to talk about it because the bottom line is War is Hell.!