Seren/Trakt Sorting Issue

Hello with The soon to be demise of The Oathe I figured I’d add a few working backup KODI Addons. Added Seren, Authorized Real Debrid, and synched with my Trakt Tv Account. Great Addon everything working fine with the exception of one thing. Most KODI Addons will sort The My TV Shows that are synched with Trakt by Title. Seren has the Shows sorted by date and you can’t access this on the menu to change to sort by title it’s greyed out. A Google search shows others having this issue and a search In this Forum also brought up an old post that looks like it got off topic but never resolved.

Wondering if anyone has a fix for this. Not a huge deal but when you are used to having shows sorted by title it’s a bit of a pain

1 Like

I had the same issues with Seren and despite reinstalling it several times on kodi 19.3 and 19.4, it still showed only a fraction of my Trakt library. So, it is now uninstalled.

I would be interestd to find out where you obtained the information of " the demise of Oath add on".

1 Like

@Dak7385

Look around the site sir.

1 Like

Many thanks. My Oath and fen are still working. But will have a look at others now as a back up.

2 Likes

For those that have had various issues using Trakt with Seren. I had a problem with the Shows Collection sorting order and splitting up my shows into multiple pages.

Because The Oath has or will soon be gone, I tried Seren again today and found a solution by accident. Seren really is a fantastic add-on!

Instead of selecting My Shows>Collection, select Unfinished Shows in Collection from the list. This gives you one page of all the shows you’re busy with and doesn’t split them up into multiple pages. They are sorted by date. I haven’t tried it, but assume the same applies to your Movies Collection

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes the “sort by date” Trakt/Seren issue is really the only reason I created this post. All of my other Addons sort by title so that is what I am used to. I only added Seren to my Build so as to have another working Addon when The Oathe no longer is functional. While Seren seems to work great, because of the sorting issue with Trakt I’ll continue to use The Oathe until it no longer functions.

1 Like

@MarkxG @dadshade . Thank you both for your ideas. But, having tried Seren on two of my Android OS devices, plus my mac, Seren just doesnt do it for me.

My trakt library only shows a small portion of my collections, both in Movies and TV shows.

I contacted Trakt and the Seren developer, and basically they both tell me to contact the other party.

However, I now have a couple more add ons that are functioning as they should.

Crew, Nightwing and patriot. Still prefer the Oath, and will use it until it no longer works. Strange how Trakt updates as it should on these add ons and not Seren.

1 Like

Blockquote

Totally agree. Because of Seren’s inability to synch with Trackt correctly it will not be an Addon I will use after the Oathe is Dead

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.