Secondary anonymous phone number to verify accounts

I was curious if I am the only one paranoid about giving out my phone number to verify accounts and services. Does anyone know how to get a free secondary number to verify accounts anonymously? I was thinking of Google Voice.

Yes! I use Google Voice and it works perfectly for that.

3 Likes

There are options out there. I know my email provider provides throw away emails. Be careful tho with google voice, sounds good but is not anonymous because its attached to you and google knows everything about you and can be traced back. H/T

Iā€™ve been wondering that too! Iā€™ve tried at least a dozen different free text/call apps but none of them will let you get those types of messages for free, only if you pay. Havenā€™t tried that google voice though. I agree with the comment about how they know everything about you, which is why I have like 6 ā€œalternateā€ gmail accounts Iā€™ve made with totally random info(names/bdays/age/location/etc.). One of those should work perfect with it Iā€™m guessing, might have to give it a whirl lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.