Searching for a bundle of the best Kodi addons

Kodi is my preferred choice at this time since it seems to be linking well to trakt and highlighting watched programs better than cinema.

I have installed a build in order to get a good selection of add-ons onto my kodi. I do not use the build as my skin and use the kodi default skin which is visually simple and easy to use.

However I feel that I am using up precious space by having a build installed that I am not using.

I would prefer to have the option of uploading a bundle of the best add-ons in one bundle without the build and then I could choose and install those add-ons that I prefer. Does anyone know if someone is bundling the most popular add-ons and if so, the address of the source.

Tx

1 Like

Hello @mabert I have found great success with Xanax. This is the same devs who brought us Durex which was the most popular Build. This is fairly lightweight. I would suggest installing this through Video #1 here - 53 Best Kodi Builds With No Buffering - Updated DAILY [September 2021] and then uninstall the addons that you don’t want included. They do a great job of keeping their builds updated as well so the most popular addons are usually there.

4 Likes

Tx I’ll give it a try. I love your site. You make everything easy!!!

1 Like

Hi Troy,
I was wondering if Xanax is working for Kodi 18 yet?

2 Likes

I’d like to know if it works with kodi 18 as well.

Tx @bennievcrowell, I will do some research on creating a build.

1 Like

Hi @tucker1455. As of 24 hrs ago Troypoint indicated that Xanas was only available for Kodi 17.6. Checkout the comments at the bottom of Troypoint’s installation instructions 53 Best Kodi Builds With No Buffering - Updated DAILY [September 2021]

1 Like

Hi @tcroft As of 24 hrs ago Troypoint indicated that Xanas was only available for Kodi 17.6. Checkout the comments at the bottom of Troypoint’s installation instructions 53 Best Kodi Builds With No Buffering - Updated DAILY [September 2021]

1 Like

Dumb questions of the day: 1) What exactly is the definition of “a build”? I’ve always thought of build as a verb. 2) what is “a skin” and how as well as why, does one change it?

Tx @scgolfer. It takes a bit of time and a lot of reading to understand the lingo used in Kodi. I have followed the videos and the publishings on the Troypoint website and I have learned a lot.

To answer your questions, a build in a customization of Kodi that was produced by some software/programmer geeks and made available to the public at no cost. These builds are customized with a cool looking screen with a lot of cool graphics and includes user friendly tabs facilitating your viewing choices. It also provides the users with a large selection of add-ons (the provider of your videos) that are uploaded automatically when the build is installed.

The skin is the customization of screen graphics and menus that appears on the screen. When you install the build, you will first view the skin that was customized by the programmers. You can change the look of the screen by choosing Kodi’s default skin which is vary basic and has no visual graphics. I guess it’s like changing the look and feel of your computer’s home screen.

Go to the Kodi supercharge video that is available in Troypoint and you will be introduced to the workings and terminology used in Kodi.

I hope this helps.

4 Likes

Yes, thank you it does help.

@scgolfer Great answer. I was wondering, is the Estuary skin the only one that shows a description or synopsis of movies.

Have you tried others? Everyone I try is fancy but no description of the movie I’m about to watch. I need that so I go back to Estuary skin and write down a few movies I’d like to see, then go back to Xonfluence for example.

Hi @bennievcrowell. My preference is estuary because I find it simple and basic for my needs. I believe it is Kodi’s default skin. I never realized that there were more skins available until I received your comment. I now see the feature “get more…” in the Settings/Interface section. I have not tried them since I have no use for the graphics they provide.

I format my own library of favourites using Trakt. I create a menu similar to those provided in Cinema or Terrarium by choosing a viewtype setting that I like in the tools section of my preferred add-ons. I use “Wall” for TV and “info wall” for Movies.

I believe you might be able to change the Viewtype in those other skins that are available or come with a build. After choosing the add-on, you will be presented with a list of movies or tv shows. If you move the cursor to the left, you should be presented with a choice of view options. You can then modify the viewtype and choose one that gives you a synopsis of the viewing programs (InfoWall).

Give it a try!

2 Likes

@mabert You’re a genius. I never knew that. Now I can use any skin and switch the view to show movie synopsis. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Builds are a nice concept and perfect for lots of Kodi users. I tried a few and eventually opted out, preferring to do my own configuration. I like simplicity and thanks to Troy’s newsletters, you can easily keep up with what addons are working well and how to install them. As for skins, I like Confluence because of it’s clean, consistent interface. No fancy bells and whistles but very easy to use.

3 Likes