Samsung TV Will Remove Google Assistant From Existing TVs

Samsung TV Will Remove Google Assistant From Existing TVs | Cord Cutters News

3 Likes

I never used Google Assistant, so i’m glad it does not affect me. For those it does affect, more to learn as other ways to do whatever it does are surely out there.

I guess that means you’ll have to learn how to type!

I’m guessing Samsung has sumthin’ up their sleve…kinda like…We want your data and are cutting out google so its all ours👀

They are just removing it from their line of TV’s (which is substantial!) The GA will still be available for use on streaming devices. Also, I read Amazon users will still be able to use Alexa…if I read that correctly. After all, I’m old and don’t comprehend as well as I used to. LOL!

" The assistant is leaving Samsung TVs due to a Google policy change. It will no longer be available starting March 1. Instead, the manufacturer suggests controlling your TV through SmartThings, which turns your phone into a remote, Bixby, or Amazon Alexa as alternatives to Google Assistant."

I don’t think this will affect cord cutters too much. Unless you use your TV as your streaming device.

Dang I forgot I got a Samsung phone! :dizzy_face:

Note the title of the thread. It states removing from TVs, not phones.

1 Like

Yeah you’re right but that’s probably next!

Doubt they will remove it from Samsung phones. I know that in addition to the galaxy 24 having Galaxy AI They will push an update to all of the Samsung phones purchased in 2023. My Z flip 5 will get it. Doubt I’ll use it though

Yeah I also have a Motorola razr. I’m about to retire the Samsung. I have a Samsung tablet and I had to do factory reset to get rid of a lot of Samsung junk and put a Google Assistant.

1 Like

I almost bought the RAZR because eeof the large exterior screen then seen that the flip 5 had come out and it had a comparable screen size . With an S22 Ultra trade in and a free upgrade from 256gb to 512gb at no extra charge. I ended up only paying $300 for the $1200 phone so it was a no brainer to get the z flip 5.

1 Like

I wish they would get rid of the pop up when you change channels , on the samsung plus channels . Its very annoying . I know how to look for channels i dont need you to tell me every time i change a channel .

Where are you getting a popup? Is it on the app? I use the M3U8 in my TiViMate and no popups there.

On my samsung tv . This article is about the tv not iptv . This has nothing to do with streaming this is the Samsung tv itself .

Ahh got ya. I am all Samsung myself. I never use anything on the TV itself as I have a Shield Pro and use the SmartThings app on my phone to adjust my sound. My Samsung does a pic config by itself and gives amazing Quality. Have a great day.

Sometimes i dont want to watch cable and i just watch the samsung plus channels .

I watch the plus channels on my Shield Pro every day with the playlists in Tivimate. I just use the USA and Cdn channels only from SamsungTV Plus. I don’t have cable. Just the internet.

1 Like

Here, this may be of some help.

2 Likes

Im not sure if this is meant for me . Im fine with my iptv service i use . Im talking about samsung tv plus channels . Every time you change the channel a pop up shows up . Tells you what your watching , channel your on , time its on , when it ends . It disappears after 5 seconds but its just annoying .

We are also talking about SamsungTV Plus channels and just indicating to you that you can access all SamsungTV Plus channels from around the world by adding a playlist M3U8 into your IPTV player and not have any of the issues you are having. My Shield Pro is connected to my Samsung TV via an HDMI cable and you can switch inputs at your liesure. However if you already have IPTV then how are you watching it? On an app you added to your Samsung TV? If so then maybe that IPTV player will allow you to add the SamsungTV Plus M3U8 in that player and avoid those aggrivations you mentioned