Root for Nvidia Shield Pro P2571?

Does anyone know a simple, or one-click, way to root an Nvidia Shield 2017 Pro? I have some apps in my app library, that I have used on several boxes in the past, that I can’t on the pre-owned Shield I bought.

Secondary question… To anyone who has a Shield TV, that takes real hard drives, is it worth it to upgrade to a faster SSD? I feel like the original HDD is starting to go. System performance was never an issue, but lately I’ve noticed it seem slower in several areas. I don’t have many large apps or apks. If I were to do this, it would most likely be a Samsung Pro 860 or 870 series, in 1TB or 2TB.

Appreciate any replies to either or both questions. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

@olsaaronc

There is a root device topic open in the insider which talks about it.

The shield can’t be rooted that easy.

Not sure on the shield hard drive options and what can be installed but once you go ssd you never go back. Now I am speaking about my own pc. And I have an M.2 NVME ssd and its fast…real fast. Boot up is almost instant. These drives are really not that expensive I believe I purchased the samsung 980 1TB around $90(on sale). I have since upgraded all(well most) of my external drives to ssd in one form or another.

If I needed storage I would certainly go with SSD for the speed alone.

1 Like

I sure don’t see it (the Nvidia Shield root topic)… I did a search before I even posted.

2 Likes

@olsaaronc

All good, I’m not crusfiying you aha. I just thought I’d mention incase you wanted info.

That’s it. Ask any root questions. The shield can’t be rooted with magisk or kingroot simply. It needs to be flashed decoded. Some have done it but it’s a long long process.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.