Root a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Tablet

How can I root a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 to remove Amazon’s OS and make it an Android Tablet. By rooting this tablet, I can then install Kodi, Plex, etc. without having interference from Amazon?

Hi @Ralph
Try this out and good luck
https://www.tipard.com/resource/root-kindle-fire.html

1 Like

@Ralph

I wouldn’t suggest rooting a Amazon tablet as they have lead to bricking the device.

Get a andriod tablet for andriod os.

You can however use workarounds. You turn on install from unknown devices and side load apps from apk pure.

4 Likes

Hi @Ralph
@TP-Dracoo is right. Unless you are pretty tech savvy I wouldn’t do it. Very easily could brick you device. If you are just set on doing it, perhaps try it on another Fire tablet and not your primary tablet.

1 Like

Thanks. I found a couple of old kindle sights but this one looks good. I will research and check it out.

Thanks for the warning. I am aware that this could ruin the device. I have newer kindles and this is a “play around model”. It is running slow, it has very little trade in value, my relatives don’t want it. I want to see if I can successfully root it and then see what the differences will be.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply and comments Sbrowne: I just posted a comment about bricking. Hope that explains my intentions.

1 Like

@Ralph

I have done some recent research and os tablets are different from fire tv os.

The os on the tablet is based off andriod os and the software to root it is more user friendly and can be done.

But still a chance or a brick. Google has alot of options for rooting the device. But that sounds good play around with it learn what to do. It’s the only way to learn how by trying. :slight_smile:

I hope you are successful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.