Removing old Firestick 4k and installing 4k Max without losing settings and third party apps?

Is this possible? and if so how do I make it happen

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

I’m afraid not. To begin with, any 3rd party apps installed on one firestick, or a usb drive attached to it, cannot be read by another stick. Also the app does not contain the APK ( Android package kit) which is the installer for that app. By the time you reg and update a new Max you might just as well install the latest apps. That way you know it’s the latest update and configured the way you want.

2 Likes

For most apps, no. But for some, your settings, add-ons, Real Debrid setup, etc, are retained off site (eg stremio) so when you reinstall the app and sign in, all your old settings are there.

I ran into this when I upgraded to Fire Cubes from my Firesticks, it will recover apps from the app store via your Amazon account but not side loaded apps. I think the best bet is to keep side loaded apps to a minimum as it’s a lot less work when switching to a new device :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.