Removal of unwanted favorites in Kodi

How do I delete unwanted favourites

1 Like

Hi @Welshman21
What app are you wanting to delete favorites from?

I am using a firestick 4k and oath addon

@Welshman21
Do are you wanting to remove favorite TV shows or movies or both?

@Welshman21

Long press your okay button and you can delete that way.

4 Likes

Select your favorite, press hamburger on remote. Your delete favorite option will come up

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was over a yr ago, but TROY asked us to add rather than start new topics! Read all topics under the main thread & NONE apply to my situation!

Fire TV Stick (s) 4K HDR MAX OS ( 7.6) & Fire TV Stick 4K MAX OS (8.0) 16 GB
Running ā€¦Kodi 20.5
Cmanā€™s SUPERMAN BUILD 1.7 w/ Wizard Version 2.1.1.

Added these favorites (see pic attached) on the first FTVSTICK (4K HDR MAX OS ( 7.6) under the Superman Build prior to this latest build (1.7). Deleted the build and factory reset the fire stick. When asked during FTVSTICK setup if I wanted to keep preferences I said ā€˜YESā€™!

Installed the new 1.7 Build version of Superman. I assumed the favorites would be gone since it was a ā€˜FRESH INSTALLā€™ and the FTVSTICK had been factory reset! The favorites reappeared!

Then I installed the new Fire TV Stick 4K MAX OS (8.0) 16 GB (fresh out the box), and this time when asked if I wanted to carryover former setting from previous FTVSTICK I chose SKIP/NO! Then installed a fresh install of the new 1.7 Superman Build and the same ā€˜FAVORITESā€™ appeared again!

Canā€™t REMOVE favorites on either FTVSTICK! I think the favorites might have been added from the ABSOLUTION add-on bc (see pic attached) no matter which favorite I highlight the ABSOLUTION tag remains in the upper right corner of the menu under FAVORITES (see pic attached)

I DONā€™T want ANY of the favorites any longer!! When I long press on the any of the favorites I get a menu (see pic attached) Attempted to click on the "hamburger-3 horizontal lines & nothing appeared or no menu as well!

Would be grateful for any help or possible solutions to remove these favorites!! Thank you fam! :cold_sweat:

IMG_20240407_103352|690x388
IMG_20240407_103515|690x388
IMG_20240407_103530|690x388
IMG_20240407_103609|690x388

You might have a look at going into your Amazon account online, log in then go to your apps/devices and then delete the Kodi there before reinstalling. You may in fact be removing it from the device but not from your account. This is the same way you can add apps to your devices. Once done donā€™t forget to sync your device and then restart it and you should be g2g to re-ad Kodi.

You got me curious so i downloaded the SM build. It seems the icons you see in the Favorites menu are not your favorites. To see anything you selected to be a Favorite you need to click on the Tab "Favorites " to see them. You can delete them fron there.

That just seems the way the build was set up.

I only did an inital look at the set up but that what it seems to me.

Hi Miki! Thank you for the reply! When U say go into my Amazon account, ure talking about my fire stick acctā€¦not where I purchase stuff or my actually Amazon Acct where I buy crap! I went to Amazon( where I buy crap and didnā€™t see anything on the left side of the screen once I clicked on the 3 horizontal lines saying APPS/DEVICE. On my fire stick I click on My APPS & Channel. i see my KODI, but when I click on that it launches or if I press my 3 horizontal lines it opens a menu on the right giving me an option to move it in a different widget space , but the UNINSTALL option is greyed out! HELPā€¦seems like iā€™m miss the place ure trying to help me reach! Thanks!

JPā€¦the favorites I see on my build are the ones I initially picked and watched when I first got my FStickā€¦oh theyā€™re MINE alright ! Before I click on anything they are are already visible and I actually did pick them a few months ago! When I first got the FStick months ago there were NO favorites there at all! I picked each one of them for sure! I could once press and hold and see an option to delete, but thatā€™s not there now! Look above ur post and see what Miki post about the situation or my reply! I canā€™t seem to find where heā€™s talking about where I should go or accessing that area on my Amazon Acct! Sorry, to be bothering yall like this! Wld appreciate the extra help if U have ideas or can tell me where heā€™s speaking about that I shld go! Thanks again!

Yes your firestick account. Been a long time since Iā€™ve used a stick. But if you do a search online you should find the info on accessing your devices and then your apps. Iā€™ll see what I can find once I get some time.
so I went to Amazon.com, logged into my account, then under ā€œYour Accountā€ I went to ā€œContent Libraryā€ then Digital Content pops up and I click "See all App(s) and what is on my stick shows there. then at the top I click ā€œYour Apps Libraryā€ Then all the apps are listed and to the right of any app you see an ā€œActionsā€ box with a chevron, click that and scroll down and click ā€œDelete this appā€ . Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Sorry i thought you were talking about the Favorites in the SM build on kodi not in your Amazon FS itself. When i downloaded the SM build i had the same exact favorites as in your pictures. They all seem to be comedy specials.

Thank you Miki so much! All this is kind of new to me ā€¦even Amazon! I think I will be able to find it with the road map you provided! Iā€™ll let U know how it turned out because i can wait to get rid of them! It would be so bad if i could access any of them , but not being able to do so is annoying AF! Again, thank you for the help and the FYI! Everyone here is very patient and accommodating! I was a bit fearful of asking for help, but Iā€™m glad I did ! Thanks again!

Just followed ur clear instructionsā€¦went there & initially didnā€™t see a thing! I noticed after looking thru 4 menus of apps and NOT finding KODI another choice next to it Content ( DEVICES) & that brought me to Amazon devices ( showing FSticks 2). Click that and uā€™re given an option to ā€œDE-REGISTER & Delete Recordingā€ Not holding you to it , but do U think de-registering it will get rid of the favorites, & what if you know is the Delete Recording! Iā€™ve made NO RECORDING on a FStick and nor do I know how to!

NOTE: it shows 4 pages of apps and most look like they are ones I installed , but thereā€™s NO SIGN of the KODI app. Might be bc it not in the Amazon App Store!???

1 Like

I think U are 100% correct Miki! They are loading and the reason I canā€™t DELETE them is because they havenā€™t been added as favorites! I honestly thought I added these as favorites! DAMN!!! Sorry for the inconvenience! Well, I appreciate the help & I learned how to access the Fire stick from the Amazon Acct! I will do a bit of clean up though since I see them! DAMN, I have spent weeks looking at this and trying to figure out why they were there! FK!!! Sorry about wasting ur time! FK!!! Thank you for all the help Miki

Uā€™re right JP! They are part of the build! I really thought I added these to the build! Apologies for wasting ur time JP! FK FK!!! Thank you again for ur patience and time!

Hey you didnā€™t waste my time @newbie5583 . Youā€™re good. This site is all about learning and I applaud you for doing just that. No way Iā€™d ever get mad cause someone is just learning. Please donā€™t worry, we have all been where you are on the learning curve. Iā€™m learning every day. Btw, love your honesty. Have fun and STREAM ON!!!

1 Like

No worries NB. As @Miki said We are all here to learn and help. Iā€™ve made plenty of mistakes and will make more as well for sure. And thats how we learn to help. Keep asking and one day you can help others as well.

1 Like