Recording 2 programs at the same time with Tivimate

I’m using a firestick 4k max 1st gen. I have 3 subs loaded on Tivimate. My question is can you record 2 programs at the same time or overlapping each other? If so, I would like detailed instructions on how to set ut up. Thanks.

That’s a great question. I just now did an experiment to check and see. I recorded to two different programs at the same time using the same iptv provider’s playlist. I tested this out using the ‘Instant Record’ feature on the lower pull up menu bar. I recorded 2 different programs for about 2-3 minutes. When finished the recording experiment I clicked the stop recording button located within the lower pull-up menu. I then proceeded to the ‘Recordings’ folder located on the far-left panel in Tivimate. Both recordings were present and proceeded to play them. Each recording played without issue for the duration of the recordings. I checked the FF/RW, Pause, and Start from Beginning features in each recording, and they performed as normal without incident.

In summary, yes, you can record multiple programs simultaneously. Keep in mind you do need to have purchased a sub with multiple connections! Also, I would imagine, recording in this manner might require a higher Mbps down package from your isp to help alleviate any stream degradation.

Bottom line, yes, it can be done. Now I wonder just how many programs I can record at the same; 2, 4, 6, etc…? lol

Btw, while this experiment was conducted, I was watching tv at the same time, I watched a bit of the programs I was recording and surfed the channels for other programs to view. Doing so did not disrupt the recordings.

Also, I know it requires a minimum of two connections to record one program. I am not certain if you need 3 or 4 connections to record 2 simultaneously?

Also, I did not test multiple recordings using the ‘Scheduled Recordings’ feature. So, I don’t know if a conflict would occur in the scheduling coding. You could do a short test and see.

Fyi, I conducted this experiment using my 2019 Shield Pro, connected via ethernet, with 512 GB external storage, and have a 500 Mbps speed package from Spectrum.

Not certain is a Bezos product can keep up? lol

1 Like

Thanks @Powerfader. I’ll give ut a try. Have a good day.

1 Like