Recently used APPS in firestick home screen

while in the home screen on firestick I spotted an APP that has a green circle with a lightning bolt through it, it is labelled “Recently Used APPS” are they now tracking what apps are used that are not Amazon apps?

If I’m not mistaken, the homescreen on Amazon devices has always had a Recently Used Apps column or row. And if you have onstream installed, maybe the icon is from the onstream app… it looks like what you are describing.

Does it look like this?
appicon

That isn’t on any of my Max Firesticks. I turn off all the tracking and data collection on my Max sticks.

thats the one and I don’t see an onstream app, I usually leave my firestick 4k on the home screen when not in use and last night was the first time I saw this app

I have all those turned of as well

1 Like

If that’s the same icon you are seeing, maybe someone installed the onstream app on your Firestick? Does anyone else have access to it besides yourself?

I find that app in install unknown apps but it is turned off

I’m the only one that programs the firestick 4k max

Not quite sure what that means. It is installed though? Or it isn’t? :slightly_smiling_face: Since it’s showing up in the Recently Used Apps that means you opened it recently, maybe just once and closed it. It’s just a history of the apps you’ve recently used, or even opened. Just as it says.

I guess it is time for me to eat crow, that is the onstream app and I installed it yesterday, it just happened to have recently used apps over top of it and I didn’t recognize it because it was new, sorry for all the trouble I created, I will have to look harder next time. thanks to all for the quick reply’s.

No trouble at all… sometimes it’s good to double check if or when you don’t recognize something. Better safe than sorry. :+1:

1 Like

that is a very good movie app