Reasonably Priced android box to replace Amazon fire box Just for Use with Kodi

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced android box? I will be using it just for Kodi. I currently have Kodi installed on an older firebox which runs Kodi slow because of storage issue, and I would like to keep the firebox just for Amazon content, and use another box exclusively for Kodi. Bells and whistles not important as long as it’s Troypoint app friendly. Thanks & happy Thanksgiving.

If you can still find the Wal Mart Onn box, it is pretty basic but good enough to stream high quality. Just a reminder, no more Troypoint app, but if you do your research you’ll be fine.

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/onn-tv-box

1 Like

Tivo Stream 4k is a good one also… I have 3 and all work well… easy to add memory as well, I have 64gb added to all. about 30.00 bucks now… hope you find what ur looking for

2 Likes

There is so many options, please use our search.

1 Like

A cheap x96 on amazon works great with a rockchip processor. Shy away from the onn box if you need a wired connection tho.

1 Like

If you’re you are just looking to add Kodi the Walmart ONN UHD Streaming Box is tough to beat at $19.99.

2 Likes

Spot on! I find myself using my Onn exclusively; even over my nvidia.

Definitely about as cheap as you can get certified AndroidTV. I didnt mind it, it was pretty easy to customize, but my remote died early.

1 Like

Agree with Tivo 4k … Great device better processor, more RAM, better graphics for just $10 more than ONN … $29.95

3 Likes

What operating system does Tivo use? Is this box easy to customize?

1 Like

Android TV 9. Super easy to customize. My opinion is it’s the same as Amazon 4k max but Android not Fire OS.

3 Likes

I have had both Amazon and TiVo, prefer TiVo, it’s snappier and it’s not Amazon. Love how the software works just like my Nvidia shield pro

2 Likes

Ahhhh, interesting…i have to check that out, thx

1 Like

Lol, well all i do with it is watch tivimate and kodi, so that’s good enough for my needs hahaha

1 Like

If you like the Amazon platform and you just need more storage, the FireTV Cube should more than fit the bill. Plus, its a known entity that you can transfer your FireTV box experience to (no new learning curve).

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, that’s exactly what I decided to do. Amazon had the 2nd gen. Cube for $59. And as you said, there is the learning curve…
So between what I already know about the Amazon platform, the additional storage, and what I continue to learn on this site the Cube should be good.
Thank you for the suggestions and happy holidays.

1 Like

A very excellent choice, and one heck of a good price.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.