Real Debrid rapidgator

I use Real Debrid on Kodi to stream shows. When I get the sources, there are torrents and rapidgator. What’s the difference between torrents and rapidgator?

@Lar

Hi Lar.
Torrents are a method of distributing files over the internet. They operate over the BitTorrent protocol to facilitate what’s called peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing.

Rapidgator is a File hoster and File sharing Software that allows its clients to store and share files through cloud storage that can easily be managed anytime and anywhere as long as there is an internet connection.

Wikipedia is excellent information source.

3 Likes

This is my understandings, but not 100% sure:
Torrents give you access to files from multiple locations (seeders) whereby Rapidgator gives you a direct link to a single file in a single location.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info

Is one preferable to the other, if so why?

1 Like

In my opinion, torrents are better especially when using a VPN. As you don’t get the entire file from one location when downloading, and behind a VPN, the stream is then encrypted and you look like every other surfer surfing the internet. I can’t give my opinion on the other service as I’ve not used or researched it, to be able to give an honest opinion. Even with file transfers I personally would select torrents just for the security.

2 Likes

@Lar

Rapidgator located in Ireland and operates worldwide and is one of the greatest in the “filehosting market, and not for their sharing”, and provide more services than file sharing in their primuim service.

While torrent file being shared from multiple locations as @Miki mentioned better encrypted when using VPN.

If I have to choose l also go for Torrant

3 Likes

I use RD with KODI and on well maintained working Addons I just choose the source at the Top of the list and 95% of the time that works and is 4K or 1080P. I could care less if it’s a Torrent or File Hoster…BUT prior to KODI 19 and maybe a few Years ago when sources were less Stable and available, anytime I saw RapidGator I knew I was going to get a good working source

3 Likes

Rapidgator has been around for about 10 yrs I believe. They seem to always be improving their service and providing reliable and fast servers as well as staying on the cutting edge of tech.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.