Real debrid playback failed auto switching link error

Watching Cinema HD with Real Debrid and Ip Vanish- at least half of the yellow highlighted RD links give an error stating “playback failed auto switching link”- is there a fix to get rid of this error? I have searched the internet and tried all suggested fixes with no luck. Also searched this forum and no one brought up this particular error. Should I just give up and switch to syncler plus as others have suggested? I really like Cinema Hd. Thanks in advance for your help.

@rjfitz

Welcome to or community!!

First thing to try is switch ipvanish protocols and then retry.

Second is check your real debrid subscription!! It does not warn you of it expires. It just does.

1 Like

thx for quick response- switched protocols- same error- my RD subscription is up to date.

1 Like

@rjfitz

Try using a different player, mx or vlc.

1 Like

Downloaded new versions of MX and VLC- no “playback failed” error exhibited on either player- using Real Debrid and MX player on Cinema HD was no good- too much buffering and blank screens- using VLC was much better- still have to pick and choose your links but much better than dealing with the playback failed error. Thanks for the advice. One question: when I see the “playback failed, auto switching link” error, does this mean in Real Debrid that I am being switched from the links I paid for to the free links that have numerous problems?

@rjfitz

Don’t worry about switching links. All your paid links comes through first. And then free links.

I think the issue is more your player than anything.

I’d switch to syncler or stremio or kodi with real debird for a better experience. Also I use mx without buffering.

That could be a separate problem. But use vlc.

1 Like

will do- thanks for all the assistance- Rich

1 Like

I watch Cinema all the time. Syncler is also very good. I often get buffering on Cinema even when I had super fast WiFi 200 mbps. My current WiFi package only goes to 25mbps. When I get constant buffering, it always means my WiFi is acting up & has fallen below 7mbps. When I get buffering despite a strong WiFi signal, it means I need to find a good link. On my Fire Stick 4K, I will try several 1080p links or else give up and move to 720p links (all with Real Debrid). On our LG tv, I cannot see a noticeable difference in picture quality between 1080 and 720 links. Both are crystal clear. This can mean futzing around a bit for the first 10 minutes, but once you have a good link, no more buffering. In finding a good link, I may go through a few “playback failed messages.” I recall this is less of a problem on Syncler, but I just tend to prefer Cinema.I hope this helps. Buffering can be so annoying!

1 Like

@rjfitz

Also have to make sure hw+ is on in mx player. Vlc us automatic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.