Real-debrid account suspended

RD absolutely does work with Kodi when running a VPN. I do it every day. You just need to use your original IP address when you register for the RD account.

2 Likes

When the VPN is on it will show a different IP address, the IP address of the VPN server you are going through and when the VPN is switched off it will show your true IP. This is why they have seen 2 different IP’s.

I think the problem is that the Real Debrid system has detected you were using 2 different IP’s at the same time as it hadn’t dropped the first connection quick enough before connecting to the VPN server IP, so in theory it thought you were using the same account at 2 different locations hence the ban.

It wouldn’t ban you for using a different IP, because most ISP’s at least in the UK will reassign a new IP after a reboot of the router plus when using a VPN if not manually configured will use different servers hence different IP’s.

@PiratePete I had hoped that but it lists the shows being watched. So unless someone hacked my account and watched the exact same shows, it doesn’t look like it.

@Jayhawks659 @conman33158 based on some of your comments I wonder if parts of what you are saying may be my issue. 1) using Cinema it sometimes hangs, so I switch or close it. Wonder if RD has it logged as running when I make the switch, thus showing it being used 2x? 2) I do remember when adding RD to cinema, I did so with the VPN on. Thus, an IP associated with the VPN is what is registered with the addition of RD to cinema, but then I wasn’t actually using the VPN when I was flagged?

Luckily, I explained the situation to RD and they are working with me.

1 Like

Yeah, creating a new RD account won’t work if you already used your real IP address to register the first time. You would have to use a different Internet connection like your cell phone to register. And as I said above, just make sure you are force closing all apps when you turn your VPN on or off before starting another stream.

2 Likes

Glad you got RD to work out your issue . Best of luck :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

I’ve actually done it before. They closedy account for sharing it . I created a new one using a different email address :eyes:

@Jayhawks659 I must’ve misunderstood you. I registered with RD with my real IP. I meant logged into RD via cinema while connected.

Thankfully they understood logically, if I’m sharing my login why would we watch sequential episodes at different locations? Doesn’t make sense. Had the different IPs watched completely different shows, I’d have no excuse. But logically it made sense something was amiss as I watched episodes.

1 Like

No Need for VPN I haven’t never used it …I’ve had RD since 2015 with kodi and never had any ordeals but that’s my opinion…some people feel more confident with VPN …that’s there safety

Lol…give me safety. I’m not a risk taker.

5 Likes

At least Real Debrid is working with you, I’ve heard a few stories that they point blank refuse to deal with customers after banning them so you are at least getting some response. As I said above, the problem is probably the system seeing 2 x IP’s connected at the same time because the RD system is still logging the previous connection and hasn’t dropped the first instance yet, but as you say why would you watch the same episode at 2 different locations so if Real Debrid look at this logically then you should be ok.

I have sometimes caught on when watching something that my VPN isn’t connected so I will stop streaming, then use “Fast Task Killer” and “Background Apps & Process List” apps just to make sure it has stopped running and then wait a few minutes before starting up the streaming app again while connected via the VPN, so far this has worked for me and I’ve had no problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, in my 10 plus years of using KODI etc I’ve only used a VPN for a year or so.

I only use a VPN to get around ISP algorithms that want to slow you down. It’s not illegal if you’re only streaming and not downloading. So I don’t really care about the privacy.

3 Likes

I use multiple IP’s with Real-Debrid and have never been locked out.

I use it via several devices and even 2 countries, with and without a VPN (mostly with).

Not once has real-debid banned me in the UK or Spain.

Are you sure the account wasn’t blocked for security reasons? A major change in IP would be a cause for concern and this is the only reason I can think of

@Elliot1976 you tell me, the contents of the email from RD is in the original post (with the IPs removed by admin). It clearly says I was using it at the same time from 2 different IPs and listed the series I was watching on my TV.

Sorry, but i had to remove IP’s for safety reasons. My job.

1 Like

Understand, and I appreciate your efforts.

1 Like

I have to give my 2 cents worth on this issue of not needing a VPN. A friend gave me a fire stick about 16 months ago. Just a few weeks later he passed away so I didn’t have him around for help with it. Anyway, when he gave it to me he assured me that I didn’t need a VPN, saying it would just slow me down. I had SurfShark on my computer anyway, but on his advise I didn’t install it on my stick. I was watching a lot of movies on both Kodi and in Cinema. One night I Got a message pop up on my screen from Spectrum (my ISP) that said unlawful activitty had been detected on my IP address. This happened twice in fact. So after the second notice from Spectrum, I immediately installed SurfShark on my Fire Sticks and my Nvidia Shielld. So my opinion you absolutely need a VPN if you are Streaming from anything other than a verified paid service. I also installed the VPN Green Dot so I know if my VPN isn’t on.

3 Likes

Stupid question but doesn’t your IP change when using a VPN? And isn’t that the simple answer to this post? Real-Debrid would see then two different IPs if you are turning your VPN on and off? Also unless you have a static IP from your provider, they change your IP periodically, which is why DHCP is active on most vendor provided routers.

1 Like

I had the same problem last year. It occurred for me after renewing the RD service for another 180 days. I’m sorry that I don’t know the reason why, but I do know that customer service with RD worked with me to correct the issue. Same thing, I was only watching from one location, but I was kicked off for multiple streams. I emailed RD and they reset the account. This happened again another two times right after each reset. I do not know what they did to resolve after that, but I am happily using RD still 1 year later. Good luck to you.

1 Like

@WILDRILE72 reread the original post, VPN was off. :+1:While watching shows my IP changed. Per RD.