RAI not functioning

I have a Fire TV Stick 4K Max. Software version: Fire OS 7.2.7.9 (PS7279/2766)

When I launch the Troiypoint Rapid App Installer, I get the following message in the main field… “Sync of app installer links still running or failed. Please try again in a moment.” When I go to the “LATEST VIDEOS” tab in the app, it is completely empty. No videos at all. No matter how many moments go by, the app is still dead.

I installed RAI using the latest version of Downloader (version 1.4.3). I followed the online tutorial from the Troypoint website. I plugged in the following address in Downloader: troypoint.com/tpapp
It downloaded the following file… troypoint-app-5.1.0.apk

The download and install appeared to go off without a hitch. I set the permissions for the RAI app to install unknown apps.

I have repeatedly deleted the cache and data in RAI and the Downloader… repeatedly rebooted the system… and repeatedly reset my Firestick to factory defaults. I do not have any extra or external hardware installed on the Firestick. I have read all topics on the subject in this forum and cannot find a cause or solution for the problem. I am absolutely stumped. I cannot use the Troypoint Rapid App Installer.

Please help.

I just gave it a run. 4K Max. Worked perfectly. All videos show. I’m at a loss. I also have 7.2.7.9

1 Like

@Ron-In-Reno

Welcome to the community and happy birthday.

Check your storage space on the stick. The rai is working as it should.

2 Likes

If your storage space is still good…instead of clearing cache/data…try uninstalling the rai app…reboot your device & router & do a fresh install of the RAI. Let us know if that helps…GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I forgot to mention that I got plenty of storage on the Firestick and already tried uninstalling and then rebooting. What I did different this time was rebooting my router/modem and Firestick after uninstalling RAI. Installed RAI afterwards and now it works. I don’t understand why my router/modem would contribute to the issue when other devices had no problem with wireless functions. My laptop
had no problem with using WiFi to access the internet and wireless printing.

In any case, problem solved. Hope it never happens again.

Thank you.

2 Likes

:+1: Glad you got it working…rebooting ALL devices in the chain clears out all the past memory in each device & gives you a fresh, clean download…sometimes when the memory in any or all the devices is full or just congested, & you download something…the process can get out of whack & you end up with a discombobulated application. (that’s technical jargon) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@Ron-In-Reno

Checked on RAI working fine. But I see that you have solved your problem. :+1: