Question on the new 3rd Gen Fire TV Cube

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the stupid question. I was contemplating purchasing the new 3rd Gen, Amazon, Fire TV Cube, I am currently using the 2nd Gen, Amazon Cube with an additional flash drive attached. Will the flash drive bring over all my apps if I plug it into the new 3rd Gen Cube or do I have to go through the hassle of re-programing it again? Thank you all for your sage advice. Cheers!

gona be a do over :grimacing:… new operating system so new everything.

1 Like

The 3rd gen does not have a micro USB port, just a usb 3.0. I’ve been trying to get precise info on what peripherals can or cannot be added. For example, can I plug a USB OTG Hub with a standard USB connection directly into the Cube 3 USB 3.0 port and then run added storage and a usb mini keyboard dongle? The cube does appear to have an ethernet plug so shouldn’t need an ethernet adapter. I also saw where the 3rd gen cube only has a 10/100 ethernet switch and I couldn’t get clarification on this either.
Also as the cube is a Fire OS 7, same as with say the 4k Max, you cannot take your USB Drive and move the apps from one device to another.

1 Like

I thought about helping find out the specs by buying the new Cube , but it’s not on sale! What ! so much for Prime Deals

1 Like
1 Like

Yes, select customers. this one didn’t Doh!

2 Likes

This is kind of related to the topic. I tried to take my backup information from my 4K Maxx and load it into my 4K fire stick and it would not accept it.

I scored the discount :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gentlemen, Thank You all for your sage advice.

You can’t put your setup from one firestick and load it on another. Only the original firestick, that the apps were copied from, can read them.

1 Like

Please give us an update when it comes. Have a great day

1 Like

Will do that, Throttlejockey.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.