Question about sideloading apps onto the Firestick

Hello all:

This is a question that been bothering me for some time now.

I see on all of the “How To” articles on sideloading apps using the Downloader app, it says to delete the downloaded file to save space. That makes sense, the Firestick doesn’t have much storage and fills up pretty quickly.

In the past, I’ve always used ADBlink to sideload apps onto my firestick. It works well. However, there is no option to delete the sideloaded app once its been installed. Is this “automatic” or do the app file accumulate the more you sideload? If the Downloader app allows me to save storage space compared to ADBlink, then I’ll move over to this.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Just download Defsquid free from the amazon store, (Troy’s gang has a review on it somewhere). When using the cleaning step, it’ll ask if you want to remove any APK install files. Say yes, and they’re gone and you can continue using whatever side-loading program you prefer without the question of having to delete anything.

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll check it out.

Well, tried it an it does appear to delete junk on the firestick without deleting app data or caches(?) I guess they were the old install files.