Question about setting up ethernet connection with Firestick 4k max

Hi there! I havea question about setting up an ethernet connection to my Firestick 4K max, using an UGREEN USB 3.0 Hub Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

I’ve never done this before but I’ve recently been reading quite a bit about it on “Reddit”, and other groups.

Apparently, in most cases, its not necessary to do this because speed tests have shown that, in most instances, the difference in the speeds between WiFi, and an ethernet connection are negligible. However, in a number of articles I’ve read, that if you live in an apartment complex (as I do), there are likely a lot of WiFi being used, that could have a negative effect on speed, such as causing fluctuations in that speed.

Because of that reason I want to at least test the idea of using a wired connection, as these articles say that it would stabilize my connection when using the Firestick for things like IPTV or simply watching sports and/movies.

In trying to get an answer online about this, is where there is one thing I can’t quite understand about setting up the connection. That being, when setting up the equipment for this, you would obviously need the Firestick, the UGREEN USB adapter, the plugin power cable, an OTG able, and of course the wired connection from the Internet Providers router. I understand all of that, which brings me to the one question in my mind.

That being, when you plug the wire from the Internet Providers router, into the adapter, and then plug the Firestick into the TV’s HDMI 2 slot (for example) does that power both the Firestick AND the cable TV, OR, do you require a separate cable running from the adapter to the HDMI 1 slot for viewing the regular Cable TV??

Any help anyone can provide an answer to this question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance for your anticipated replies.

Cheers!! :beers::beers:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: How to Setup the Best Firestick Ethernet Adapter and Improve Download Speeds