Problems with 2019 Shield TV and Home Theater system

Finally got tired of Shield not starting when I turned my system on. Using Logitech Hub for control as system is behind doors. Shield to Onkyo AVR to LG C2 OLED. Shield is difficult to get started and it’s upscale conflicts with the LG at all settings. I use a SiliconDust Flex 4K to my antenna and have several ATSC 3.0 stations, 60% without DRM. ATSC 1.0 stations pixilate terribly. Swapped out with my older Google Chromecast with Google TV 4K and all problems disappeared. Shield TV has now been relegated to guest room tv where it will rarely ever be used again unless I see some updates that fix the sleep issues.

I’ve only used the Shield Pro for over a year now. I bought the latest Samsung TV and Soundbar and only ever use the Shield remote. I turn my shield on, the soundbar fires up, then the TV and then Tivimate loads immediately and I start watching what I want. The easiest setup for a home theater that I’ve ever done.

Not a solution when the shield tv, a Roku and a media center pc feed the Onkyo 9 channel AVR which selects correct input, audio and outputs video only to the LG. Thanks for the input. Do you have OTA feed to the Shield? Upscaling issues, not familiar with Samsung TVs.

I don’t use any antenna here. They don’t work. Too many mountains. My AI upscaling works great. My shield goes into the hdmi 1 on my soundbar, then earc out to the one connect box that has a master cable into the TV for all connected devices. It autopicks and configures everything.

Figured out the issue was with a Video setting in the Shield TV that my LG OLED really did not like. I don’t remember how or why that got set but I reverted back to recommended and everything works pretty well since. Shield is still slower than ROKU to start but it remains my preferred EXCEPT for Paramount + where I go to ROKU.

Good day @Laynet. Could you please describe exactly what your issue was and the steps you took to rectify it. There may be others around the net with similar issues that would try your fix to see if it helps them. Thank you.