Problem Purchasing Surfshark

I attempted to purchase Surfshark VPN today and my bank has denied the charge as FRAUD. I chatted with Surfshark and they said it was denied. Ive texted the bank to say I have made that transaction. Has anyone else had this problem?

Have you setup 2 factor authentication with your bank?

Under new rules, online payment can be declined - this from UK but may apply to other countries

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/03/online-payments-are-changing---here-s-everything-you-need-to-kno/

If you have paypal - pay with that online, you don’t have to reveal your bank account details

2 Likes

usually just contacting your bank will resolve that issue. I get a text from my bank when they have suspicions and can text back with a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to authorize or decline.

1 Like

Thanks. I did that twice but it didnt help. Banks are closed today so maybe a call on MOnday will take care of it

2 Likes

I now trust paypal less than ever. My account was hacked a few months ago 2 weeks after I made a purchase on ETSY. and a couple of hours after i deleted my paypal account the the idiot who did it called me and pretended to be from paypal. I lost no money but how in the world did the crook know in a couple of hours i deleted the account.

does he work for paypal? After I finally got a number to call paypal the idiot I talked to and told her what happened she said they could do nothing…Does that make any sense.

Now if it can happen to my paypal account who’s next???
I also noticed my spam really picked up after I purchased a couple VPN’s real-debrid and tivimate, I thought that was strange. This started the very next day i purchased all t
his bs.
I know hackers got mine and many emails from Pluto from back a few years ago when like a idiot i signed up with then.

google pluto have and read for your self.

I bought $300 worth of garden equipment for $62 on some website on the internet and I use paypal. I knew it was a fishy site but I wanted to test it I never got the products. So when I went to PayPal to have the charges reversed, PayPal did reverse the charges but they absolutely told me that this matter is over and ended and they was not going to investigate any further. I didn’t care for that answer.

Many scams involving banks and they don’t investigate.

I had an account which was closed 2010. In 2015 someone setup a monthly standing order from that account.
The bank wrote to me saying they could not setup as the account is closed - copy of paperwork had a signature that was mine.
I contacted fraud department of my bank and receiving bank. Both were not interested as no money was lost.

I only have a credit card on my paypal account and never have to enter my credit card details online anymore.

I didn’t care for their answer because I never requested an investigation. They took it upon themselves to shut it down and close it. The way their answer was phrase it almost indicates that they knew the company was not legit a fraud.

I was trying to help set up Kodi etc for a friend. We loaded Kodi then purchased a Surf Shark 26 month subscription. somehow his Paypal was billed twice, but it will not let him log on. It won’t recognize either his log in or password.

Is there a way to reset his credentials and to contact Surf Shark to get the duplicate charge removed?

You just answered your own question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a phone number or email address?

I’m logged in when pasting this link so I don’t know if its viewable without being logged in, but in their help section they do refunds over live chat. I’ve never used it but that would be my next step.

Surfshark Customer Support

They also have a Discord.

And our Discord server invitation link - it has no expiration date - take it, share it, use it - Surfshark Community

1 Like