Please help with Cinema

I dont grt ads on Cinema. I loaded Stremio on fire stick and when i went to watch a show, Loki, Disney wanted me to subscribe, pay, no way. If im goingcto pay for apks i might as well have cable ala cart.

I am looking for a free apk that works better than Cinema and is still free.

You havenā€™t added the proper addons, you will see paid sources but scrolling past those youā€™ll see the free links if you have the proper addons installed. Stremio does not have ads and is free.

Ill try it. Thanksā€¦ i know nothing about kodi

Never too late to learn. I am not as big of a Kodi apologist as some in here, but if you are looking for a free apk/addon that integrates with RD and has no ads, addons like Seren or some of the new up and coming ones are great for that. Kodi and its best addons are a very powerful combination. Worth trying and deleting if you dont like it. Install Kodi, follow Troyā€™s instructions on troypoint.com and stream away!

2 Likes

Hi AMD237,

I started my streaming experience with KODI. I found it too exhausting to keep updated. My streaming skill set is somewhat limited. So, I moved to the almost one click apps. Miki got me to try Stremio and it has become one of my favorite apps. It was a little challenging for me to get it setup properly. Miki walked me through the process. Of course, I not loyal to any app. If a new and easier one comes out thats better. It becomes my go to for streaming.

Hey @Mslea, I totally understand. I am not the biggest fan of Kodiā€™s UI, but if you just used one good VOD add-on, it becomes essentially just an apk. While Cinema has a better UI (in my opinion), just too many issues over the years with it. A one or two add-on quick Kodi build was just a different recommendation than Stremio, as that is all anyone recommends anymore. It is good, but there is other powerful stuff out there too.

Been using KODI + RD + Trakt TV for years. I cannot stand the Stremio interface and for me KODI is very easy to use, maintain, and provides the Best AD FREE experience. Itā€™s all about finding a Dev Group that maintains their Builds and Addons

You are so right. Maybe one day Iā€™m bored Iā€™ll give kodi another try. Cinema was one my go to. But, as you said too many issues since the orginal developers stopped managing the app. I bounce from app to app to find movies or shows I want to watch. Just want to find what I looking to watch. Donā€™t care about which app I stream from. No one app has offered all my streaming wants.

For me, regardless of the dev, Kodi requires far to much effort and work just to enter an addon, with all the repo sourcing and typing. Stremio is simple and easy for me, with nothing but hunt and click. But again, weā€™re all lucky to have a spectrum of apps that appeal to a wide variety of users. From Kodi to CinemaHD to Stremio, they all work.

Yep, thats why I bounce around. I like trying out new app. As long as they are simple to manage. Stremio is my favorite for now

1 Like

Entering an Addon is very easy but having said that the 2 predominant addons I use in KODi have been stable for at least 6 months so there has not been any of that at all. I tried Stremio and to me the interface was just a jumbled mess. But to each his own we both have different ways of getting what we need

I should give CinemaHD another look, just for something to do.

1 Like

You bet @MarkxG , weā€™ve been going at this for many many months and Iā€™m afraid weā€™ll never agree on Kodi vs. Stremio. Pretty much like the old Ford v. Chevy stuff. But thatā€™s the hobby weā€™re in. You have your likes Iā€™ll never understand and mine for you. But itā€™s all good. As I said, we each get what we want in our own way, as it should be. Now to move on and see about the ā€œNewā€ Cinema HD. Have a good day my friend.

2 Likes

I like Cinemaā€™s poster display for movies and shows. Thats how I usually decide what to watch. I been watching alot if my 2023 christmas movies on Smarttube. Again Iā€™m all over the place for my streaming selections.

1 Like

I also like the user interfaces of apks like Cinemaā€¦with the movie posters, etc. Kind of like a Netflix setup a little. Kodi has posters but you need to hover over or search, but you can still create favorites, but what works for one person doesnā€™t always work for the next person.

1 Like

Terrarium started the whole craze with the well laid out poster thumbnail catalog format that Cinema sports. Cinema is a fork of Terrarium, just like Cyberflix and Zion was.

Good stuff and definitely great in their hay day.

Syncler does a good job with their UI and have poster format catalog look also.

1 Like

Yep, definitely better when I started streaming around 2018. But, not complaining about my current free streaming services. They just were more steamlined back then.

Syncler has a great UI - streamlined, like youā€™re used to - but there is a small cost.

Itā€™s a great app/apk (have to make @Miki happy) and has been reliable for years.

Maybe Mikki can walk me through it as well