Playback on fire stick quits after a few short minutes

Thought I had fixes the problem by restarting the fire stick. Not so. On the same day as restarting, the video worked flawlessly. However the next evening the playback quit again after just a few minutes. Playback on a mini series is using Kodi via Seren and even tried The Crew Real Debrid is working. What could be causing this?

1 Like

Are you using rd with kodi?

Yes, it (rd) shows up on all the links.

Playback failed again last night after a couple minutes. Program completely quit and the screen went back to the episode list. And, now when watching regular programing (YoutubeTV) the viewing is interrupted by the spinning circle. Sometimes is quits after a minute or 2 and other times the program needs to be started again. What is going on here?

1 Like

Sounds like you should power cycle your firestick. It seems to be ether over heating or going.

Unplug it completely let it sit for an hour plug it in make sure you are using the power adapter that came with the stick and retry.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

I did the power cycle as you suggested. It seems that it did not solve the problem. Haven’t used Kodi yet, but YouTubetv stalls and quits frequently. Haven’t had a chance to review the Troy guides, but will do so.

1 Like

TP-Dracoo “Sounds like you should power cycle your firestick. It seems to be ether over heating or going.” Do you mean by “going” that the Firestick is going dead?

That’s a possibility. Regardless of what others say, firesticks are very weak when it comes to computing power and resources. They where meant to be a plug n play with your paid apps.

If you do not clean your stick, clear data or cache every so often the stick bogs down fast. This can also cause overheating pretty fast. When my stick was hooked up, i had only a vpn and 2 apps on it. After i was done with it, i cleared everything and unplugged it. It’s basically a computer in a closed box with heat trapped in side. If you use higher resolutions like 4k uhd Dolby vison and such that will use more power. If you hook it up to a receiver for 5.1 or 7.1 that can also use power. So its best to maintain it as much as possible.

TP-Dracoo, what would you suggest using instead of the Firestick4k Max?

The 4k max works fine, but if you plan to use it for cord cutting please make sure you do daily cleaning on it. If you like the firetv software just stick with your max. Im not 100 percent sure whats going on with your stick but to me it sounds like its ether overheating or its resources are being used up. The formuler z11 pro

2 Likes

Ive got a 4k max and it runs really well. Try factory rest see if that solves things. But remember everything will be wiped.

I changed VPN to Surfshark from Nord, and everything worked as it should yesterday and last evening. No buffering and quitting of programs. Hopefully this was to root cause. Thank you to who all who helped, appreciate it.

1 Like

Change your protocols too

@TP-Dracoo, Not sure about “change your protocols too?”

Thanks for this qu3estion because it’s why I logged in today. I too am experiencing this buffering problem on various apps (Tivimate, CinemaHD and THE CREW) all on the Firestick. Yes I have Real-Debrid. Yes, I clear caches often. Yes I have reset the Firestick using the remote. Yes I have unplugged the Firestick for a few hours prior to reconnecting. I have also reset my modem and router. And my internet speed was clocked this morning at 69 mbps. My bedroom TV also has a Firestick with same apps and a different m3u playlist on Tivimate. Even the different playlist is experiencing this buffering. AND I do use Nord vpn. I’m very angry that USTVGO is gone, as it provided the widest array of news networks. Now I wonder if our ISP is messing with us somehow …

Nord is having problems…short term fix: change your VPN protocol to TCP…I’d also try any & all protocols Nord offers… :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes you do, read our guides. If you use nord change protocols

Took your advice and changed to TCP protocol. Been watching live TV for 30 minutes now with no buffering. Normally, it buffers 3 or 4 times every 15 minutes. Thanks for the suggestion!!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.