Picture freezes constantly but audio continues

Hi all…
Apologies if this has been asked before. I did use the search function but nothing came up.

So I’ve been having problems with watching TV/Movies through Seren on my fire stick.
The video/image constantly freezes but the audio continues fine and then the picture has to play catch-up by speeding along until it syncs with the audio.

I’ve been using stand alone Kodi with the seren add-on for a few years now. But this issue has only reared it’s head in the last couple months iirc…

I use surf shark VPN.
Have the latest Kodi build.
Real-debrid.
I did a full uninstall and reinstall of Seren the other day but no change really. I regularly clear the cache etc…
I use trakt also.

Can’t think of any more info that might be helpful.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

TIA. :pray:

i dont reccomend builds on kodi better off using stand alone apps

2 Likes

My terminology is not correct I’m sure.

What I mean is that I use Kodi with the seren app.

It’s the basic Kodi with just the seren add-on

kodi is ok but you will get problems stand alone is what i use less problems

2 Likes

I’ve been using this setup for a couple years now and I’ve only recently had these issues… any ideas what might be the solution?

i dont use it but there is a lot in search that may help

I’ve searched so many places not just in troypoint and I can’t find anyone with a similar issue or a solution… :sob:

maybe the app itself they come and go

So is your Real Debrid authorized in the Seren addon?

Hi Miki…

Yes, my real debrid is authorised along with trakt etc…

Not sure what has happened recently… but it’s frustrating as Seren was my go to when my IPTV was glitchy, which was very often. Now both are playing up :sweat_smile:

I can only imagine. What provider are you using? The only time I’ve run into this is when a source is coded with Dolbyvision and my setup only plays HDR or HDR 10+

One thing I found was a user that said they changed their settings in Seren from autoplay to source select.

I have experienced this audio sync issue as well, you’re not alone.

On all of my old fire TV devices I was experiencing this issue, and still am to this day (on my last device).

I switched to the Onn 4K and don’t experience the audio sync issue with kodi on this device.

Some things that I have tried with my fire TV devices is changing the advanced settings file to better manage stream buffering.

I also switch VPN servers when I experience sync issues. I use IPVanish by the way.

Try using the Crew or Fen add-on. It’s much less difficult to set up. Seren uses provider packages and it’s scrapers have to be installed separately. Crew is the easiest and Fen is constantly updating itself so both are in the top league now.

It’s a good idea to install an second addon.
My current favorite is Umbrella. It does require installing Coco Scrapers, but if you can handle installing Seren, you can handle Umbrella.

You said that you had the last version of Kodi. Are you sure that you have Kodi 20.5? 20.4 was extremely glitchy for me.

I have the latest version alright. I did a full delete and reinstall earlier in the week.

I probably need to explain a bit more about the symptoms I’m having.

My picture freezes for a few seconds while audio continues. Then the image plays catch-up with the audio. The picture kind of fast forwards/speeds up to sync with the audio. And this can happen very often during playback.

I will try fen and see how that works…
But my Seren is installed as per the guide that is found here in troypoint. And I’ve been using this for years problem free until recently…

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Appreciate the time to help me. :+1:

There are no problems with Builds if you use the right Build. I been using them for 6 years. There are problems with people not having enough storage

i agree problem is people dont use the right ones for there devices

One simple thing may work. Try playing a larger link. ie…2 gig link and up instead of smaller mb links. This worked for me.
But now I use coalition or twilight with real debris and surfshark or private Internet access (I have both) and now Kodi never acts up. I also have 500mb speed and only use the latest ONN. Love it.

I did the same went back to IPVanish. I had really bad glitches on my tv, printer and computer with SurfShark, swtiched back to IPV and everything is working great.

Try going to settings on the fire stick,then in displays and sounds ,go to displays,then vidio resolutions.change from auto to 1080p…i beleave when you have slow internet like i do .the stream comes in at 4k and bring it down a bit stopes some of the buffering. It worked for me