Phillips 50" Google TV w/Chromecast built in is having random app crashing (8+/per) daily

Hey guys and gals I have a troubleshooting issue that I was hoping I could get some help identifying on my 50" Phillips Google TV.

About 2 months ago, out of nowhere , anywhere from 2-10 apps "stopped working " while we were watching videos on YouTube. YouTube has never been one of the apps that have "stopped working " - I get a gray popup box informing me that App X has stopped working and do I want to wait /close app/etc. I can close those dialog boxes as they come up but would like this issue to cease altogether. I haven’t done any modifications to dev settings , or even downloaded APKs other than Troypoint and Aptoide. There is no pattern in the timing of these popups occuring and it’s not the same apps either. I haven’t found any mention of this on any Phillips site or otherwise , and I guess I’m just hoping maybe one of you has had experience getting a resolution on anything like this

Apologies in advance if this post is in the wrong place , site admins please feel free to swoosh this post to the right corral.

Cheers!
GFG

1 Like

Don’t know if you have a cleaning program like SD Maid or an anti virus program. You might try running these and rule out a virus or malware. Welcome back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.