pcWRT CF-XR10 Dual Band AX1800 WiFi 6 WireGuard Router

Only 300 of these left in stock.

2 Likes

Gasp - that would suggest that I’d be replacing my trusty Asus RT-AC86U. Not sure I handle a break up like that - that’s FOUR years of firmware mods, custom cooling, and it’s undying loyalty I’d be jeopardizing.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

Wireguard would be nice though, especially if speed loss thresholds can be managed and sustained.

1 Like

I have the RT-AX86 and run wireguard on it.

1 Like

Agreed, when testing these, I just connect the new router to an available LAN port on my existing Asus.

I will be doing a video on that soon as well.

2 Likes

Any idea how much area this covers?

1 Like

…what’s an available LAN port? :rofl:

I’m lucky if any of my switches in the house has an available port.

1 Like

I recently purchased a dedicated IP address from SurfShark, and while it works fine on my Windows box and iPhone, however it doesn’t work on SurfShark as installed on any of my Android boxes (KM6, KM2, and Tivo Stream 4K). Will SurfShark as installed on the pcWRT router, allow me to set up a connection to the dedicated IP?

1 Like

No, not at this time. I don’t see an option for that right now.

It appears to me you can install a dedicated ip on a router looking at >this<

Thanks Troy, and thanks for all you do for the cord cutting community. Hopefully SF will find a way to implement this in a future release.

Thanks Ron. I’m just not sure that I can set it up that way to use my dedicated IP address. It looks like you can set a location. I’m just not sure yet if I could create a location called HOME, and use my issued IP address. I may send another email to SurfShark for clarification.

I have fiber optic will the pcWRT CF-XR10 router work with fiber optic

It should work with an Ethernet connection from the fiber optic box to the WAN port on the router.

I’m waiting for mine to come, is it pretty self explanatory? Do I hook it up to my rotor and disconnect the router I have, or connect to the my router?

Do I still use at&t fiber optic wifi6 Router alone with pcWRT CF-XR10 Router

I ordered the router on 28 June with expedited shipping. Today is 3 July, still hasn’t shipped. I emailed the company to find out where it is. They emailed me back within 30 minutes and said that due to high volume they are behind on shipping. They also refunded the $9.90 expedited fee.
Maybe I’ll get it this week. We’ll see.

2 Likes

You need the AT&T gateway to authenticate to their network. You can connect the CF-XR10 WAN port to a LAN port on the AT&T gateway, turn off WiFi on the AT&T gateway, and (optionally) put the XR10 in the DMZ (IP passthrough in AT&T lingo).

Is it possible to add IPVanish Wireguard protocol to this new router I purchased? I still have quite contract on my IPVanish account. Or do I have to bite the bullet and get another VPN?

I have fiber optic and i am wondering what the very best router i should purchase. Please help with all info.