Parse Error on Firestick 2nd Gen

Hey there new to the forum. I’m trying to get my Firestick 2nd gen, fully updated, to perform better.
Cinema is not working. Tons of bloatware. I was using the tutorial to get the fire os6 debloat tool and this and other downloads continue to give me the parsing error. I’ve followed all steps to make it stop but it doesn’t.
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @sramspeck83
So with regards to the Firesticks, they don’t come with a lot of storage, so first thing would be to uninstall add-ons and programs that you aren’t using any longer to free up storage space. Next go into Applications and one by one force stop and clear cache on the remaining applications. Check your download and upload speeds going to your device; then follow @TROYPOINT tutorial and install the debloat tool and check the boxes to disable some of Amazon’s programs that are running in the back ground.

3 Likes

Sup all…

Just an observation…
But sometimes when on the “droid install screen”…
if I hit install too quik, it will give the parser error, if i wait a sec or try again it will install…

HTH…

2 Likes

Thanks for the response . :slight_smile: I’ve done all these things. I do it regularly in fact .

1 Like

Check your OS version. Sounds like you’re trying to install apks that aren’t compatible with your OS version.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Debloat tool firestick

@sramspeck83

Make sure you are on the right os version. Please update us when you can.

1 Like

That’s good advice and I was thinking about that too. I think I’m running 6. I checked for updates and it said I was up to date with no additional updates available. I will certainly check ! Thanks :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.