PARSE error for Debloat tool

I have a 2n Gen Firestick OS 5.2.8.4. I did not like the latest update listing my name as the account holder and not allowing me to delete it. I ran the FireOS Update Blocker from my phone. I received Failure. I reset my firestick to factory default. I reloaded the Troypoint.app. Now I get the PARSE error trying to load the Remote ADB Shell and the PARSE error when trying to load techdoctoruk Debloat FireOS 5x devices. Could Amazon be blocking the installation of these apps?

I keep getting parse error on firetv box and firestick 4k when downing the debloat app

1 Like

I have a 2n Gen Firestick OS 5.2.8.4. I did not like the latest update listing my name as the account holder and not allowing me to delete it. I ran the FireOS Update Blocker from my phone. I received Failure. I reset my firestick to factory default. I reloaded the Troypoint.app. Now I get the PARSE error trying to load the Remote ADB Shell and the PARSE error when trying to load techdoctoruk Debloat FireOS 5x devices. Could Amazon be blocking the installation of these apps?

Hi @PaPaBear62
The parse error you are getting is because the version of the app you are trying to install is incompatible with you current OS version.
The Debloat tool in the @TROYPOINT RAI is for OS 6.xx.x and 7.xx.x

1 Like

Thanks Sbrown126,
I did get past the Parse error. I went to the Downloads | TechDoctorUK… and install the Tduk FireOS Update Blocker and ES File Explorer Mod. The ES file… worked but it still prompts “Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?” The only options are to Cancel the uninstall or select OK.
The FireOs Update Blocker gave me the following error:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR].
I then tried the Remote ADB Shell and entered the command:
pm remove-user com.amazon.device.software.ota and got
Error: Unable to perform this action on Productions Builds.
I’m running OS 5.2.8.4. I like the Remote ADB Shell. I will keep at it.
I do want to get rid of a bunch of System Apps I do not use. Thanks again.

1 Like

@PaPaBear62

Blocking Amazon updates.

Try going through this.

1 Like

Hi @PaPaBear62
Your welcome, sorry we couldn’t get it completely smooth out.
What generation of Firestick are you using? It could be that might be the issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.