OTA Streaming/Recording devices

Do any of our members here have knowledge of ota streaming devices?

I had been thinking about getting a local ota box something like Tablo,Air tv2,Hd Homerun,or possibly even a Fire Tv Recast,even though they are discontinued.

Good guide,ease of use as my mother will be using it as well.

If you do a search for OTA you will see all sorts of threads to read. @TXRon contributed a ton of OTA info and some device info as well.

1 Like

I’m a BIG fan of the Recast - does everything I need and nothing I don’t. And, of course, they discontinued it!
It’s still working great but I don’t know for how long.

1 Like

i have a Tablo hdmi 4 tuner box it is an older one it is black not white like the latest one they have out now never had a problem with it works great you can record up to 4 channels at once (4 tuners box) also able to pause live tv also have tablo app on my NVIDIA shield pro like i said never had a problem

1 Like

forgot to tell ya it is only able to record live over the air channels does not record any streaming services also mine is very easy to use

That one has the fees correct?Thanks for the replies.

@Miki feel free to merge this topic if needed.

1 Like

All the others are old and tbh there are so many I haven’t a clue where to start. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

After a bit of reading and watching a few youtube videos I decided on this one.Much cheaper than the zapperbox.Will see how it goes when it gets here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CYSMKMXH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1