OpenSubtitles.org Hacked - Here's What You Need to Know

Originally published at: OpenSubtitles.org Hacked - Here's What You Need to Know

The popular subtitle library site OpenSubtitles.org has been hacked in an apparent ransom attack. As first reported by TorrentFreak, the well-known website had login credentials from over 7 million subscribers stolen from their database. OpenSubtitles stated in a blog post that a hacker reached out to them in August of 2021 claiming to have proof…

2 Likes

Open subs is in Stremio as well. I actually turn off every subtitle option until such time as I need it. Tx Troy for this informative post.

1 Like

Good read, thank you for letting everyone know. I never used open subtitles but I’m sure others have.

I noticed catmouse apk as well. Interesting. I would advise people to stick with syncler kodi and stremio

1 Like

If Opensubttles is hacked, where can you find the repo for Opensubtitles.com because this is the new one. In the Kodi menu is only .org visible.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.