Onn setup today

If I have time today (Amazon Prime Day), I’ll try setting up onn. I found the video for the setup. Any advice ahead of starting? Will likely be asking for help along the way. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Just follow Troy’s tutorials and vids. It really is that simple. I set one up for the first time yesterday and you can read it all in the My ONNest opinion.

https://troypoint.com/walmart-onn-android-tv-box/

1 Like

I think everything is covered in Troys video . The important thing is to put the box in developer mode then enable "USB Debugging ". Doing this will allow you to use the Wolf Launcher .Letw k ow if you need any help.
:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

1 Like

I read your opinion, and got the impression that the onn is just ok. As I mentioned I have the onn setting right here on my desk-unopened box. I am seriously considering the NVIDIA SHIELD PRO. There is a small discount on Amazon today. $30 off. I have briefly looked at the setup process, and it seems more technical than the onn, but far more usability when setup.

1 Like

Thanks PiratePete. I’ll let you know if I need assistance.

2 Likes

Yea, troys vidoes covers all the basics.

I will add none of these boxes require lots of setup. Just how to install your streaming apps and thats it.

3 Likes

Comparing the ONN to a Shield is like comparing a Volkswagen Beetle to a Lamborghini. Dracoo is absolutely right. Troy’s videos and tutorials for the ONN are all you need. I had his vid playing on my phone as I went through the setup pausing as I went and rewinding for clarification as needed and when I was done it worked flawlessly. As mentioned a great device for such little cash.

2 Likes

no comparison between the onn box and the shield. Best to not even look at it that way. The onn box is basic starter streaming box and the shield is a cadilac. If you have the funds and you see $30 off go for it. They do not put them on sale often. If you are new to streaming and want a test run the onn box cant be beat.

5 Likes

As ron said if you have the money for the shield you won’t be sorry. I have two and love them very easy to setup and use lots of storage and it’s a great all around box​:v::grin:and if you are getting 30$ off even better not on sale that offen

4 Likes

Thanks TXRon and Bigrich. I have the Amazon Firetv 4k setup and have been using for a couple years. It was a learning curve for me to setup, but was able to have it running just fine for me. Looking for something better and not have to worry about constant updates.

1 Like

understood. I jumped out of the fire gadget ecosystem some time ago, guess im an anti-control freak :eyes:. I pay for the box so now leave me alone to do as I please :rofl:

I just grabbed a prime day deal and now after a couple days will retire my ugoos from server duties… AmazonSmile: QNAP TS-253D-4G 2 Bay NAS for Professionals with Intel® Celeron® J4125 CPU and Two 2.5GbE Ports : Electronics

3 Likes

I agree, you can’t compare the two. Will you be able to stream video with an onn tv box ? Yes . Would you use it for heavy downloading and gaming ? No, you can add external.storage using a USB stick but if I was looking for a box that I was going to do a lot of downloading with I would say no to the onn box. Same goes with gaming. For me an Nvidia shield would be overkill as I only stream video . I have a mecool km2 , an onn tv box and a TiVo Stream 4K on my tv and all 3 do what I need them to do. I have customized my friends newer Shield and I can tell you that the location where they put the micro SD card slot is just stupid. You have to unplug the power cord to access it . I wanted to install diggz xenon with a copy I have on a micro SD card slot and I was dumbfounded that they put the slot in that location . Other than that all the shields are great devices :+1:

2 Likes

What type of me cool km2 do you have? I find several different and similar models on Amazon.

1 Like

There’s only 1 mecool km2. KM2 is the model. Other models are KM3 & KM6 I believe. I don’t know off the top of my head. I k ow the km6 has the newer amlogic chipset , more ram and online storage . If you’re a Netflix user then you want the km2 as it’s the only one that’s Netflix 4k certified . If you don’t use it, I certainly don’t …then you want the km6 I guess. I don’t download or I stall much and the box does what I need it to do . If I switched to the km6 then it wouldn’t make a difference for me .

1 Like

Is this the one?
https://www.amazon.com/MECOOL-KM2-Assistant-Chromecast-Streaming/dp/B091F18931/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxuCZkN7z-AIVIhh9Ch3AKQVEEAAYASAAEgI5ofD_BwE&hvadid=557503141085&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9033834&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2115268780754502592&hvtargid=kwd-1264150994766&hydadcr=24113_13516812&keywords=tv+box+mecool+km2&qid=1657646831&sr=8-3

1 Like

We use a Shield Pro in our living room. Best one I’ve owned. Easy to setup & use and just an overall fantastic device

2 Likes

Got an email the KM6 was out of stock so I ordered a KM2

1 Like

That’s the one I have . The km2. It works great but if you’re looking for the newer one then this is it: Mecool KM6 Deluxe ATV Google Certified Android 10.0 Amlogic S905X4 AndroidTV 10.0 Dual WiFi 6 1000M LAN 4GB 64GB 4K HDR H.265 BT. Media Player with i8 Wireless Keyboard https://a.co/d/hpYnLoG

I don’t like that the newer one doesn’t have a button on the remote for Android settings as I always force close apps after I use them.

The km2 streams perfectly . If you do run out of space just remember that there is USB 2 & USB 3 ports and a TF slot as well. Let me know how you like it .

2 Likes

All of the shields are excellent . I’m sure you enjoy streaming on them :dizzy:

1 Like