Onn security update

3 Likes

Thnx for the heads up @ljstew51957 Installing it now :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I’ll have to disable wolf launcher and look for the update … tomorrow.

2 Likes

yeah…mine upgraded yesterday, had to repair the remote but all went well… :smiley:

1 Like

Repair the remote?? What do you mean? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would assume his remote disconnected fron onn box. Its a simple fix just hold the button in on the side of the box for 10 seconds, a prompt will pop up to connect.

2 Likes

pretty un-eventfull upgrade, no issues, wolf intact :+1:

1 Like

Something has happened. Held the button on the side for 10 seconds, now the remote will not turn on the tv. How do I get the remote to work?

Not sure where it is in the Onn but you’ll need to find something like “Equipment Control” then manage equipment and then tv to twin it back to the tv for power and volume. Hopefully someone like @PiratePete can jump in. He sets these up a lot.

2 Likes

I have the Onn setup and working great. I went to check something this am., and when trying to watch a program with Seren, received this message. “It seems you have no providers installed.” Are you sure you wish to continue? I clicked yes, and no response. Very strange.

If your remote works on the onn and not your tv go to settings > set up remote buttons

2 Likes

Sorry, i knew when i typed repair that term was probably wrong… :thinking: should of said had to pair the remote to the box…like when you first set it up… ljstew51957 was correct

When I first read your post, I pictured the remote with several wraps of duct tape holding it together :astonished: :rofl:

That’s one way to keep the batteries in.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I have the Onn setup and working great. I went to check something this am., and when trying to watch a program with Seren, received this message. “It seems you have no providers installed.” Are you sure you wish to continue? I clicked yes, and no response. Very strange.

Thats serens interal package proivder, it needs to be installed. If you set this up alteady and this msg came up its possible a glitch has happened. Reinstal the provider and it should work.

Dumb question. How so I install the provider?

Read the guide for it, has a walkthrough on how to do this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the guide is found where? Sorry for not fully understanding.

At the top of this page is a magnifying glass, you can click on it and start with a simple search like “Onn” and look at the results. To the right of the magnifying glass is the hamburger, click it and then choose “tags” and then look for Onn and see what’s there.

1 Like