ONN screen adjustment

So, had my ONN box hooked up for about a month, and moved it to a different hdmi port. The screen view “exploded” to about 25 % larger than before, and I’ve been trying to get to the initial setup screen to adjust it…missing something!!! Can someone refresh this old codgers memory??? I know its gotta be something simple?

1 Like

Go into tv settings, adjust picture size

Doesnt downsize it enough…

Hey @Rwc If you’ve tried all your picture size ratios on the tv & nada…go into your ONN box Settings/Device Preferences/Display & you can adjust your screen there via Zoom In/Out…

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Yep…tried that also. Only allows -20% . For some reason, thats not enough.

Change it back to your original HDMI port that worked.
Also if I remember correctly if you totally remove the power from the TV, unplug the Onn HDMI connection, wait for a minute, plug TV back in the HDMI should be reset, then plug the ONN back in and try again.

3 Likes

Thx, @Miki, I’ll give it a go…the reason for changing ports was that I initially installed the onn on the game hdmi at the front of the tv, leaving my fs in hdmi 1…I had to have the onn completely “dialed in” so the wife would be able to have a smooth transition from the fs to onn… :wink:

1 Like

Aha. Got ya. Try the port reset. It may work.

1 Like

also make sure you are using the same hdmi cable, not all cables are created equally.

3 Likes

I’ve never known of an individual hdmi port changing aspect ratio…would like to see another device plugged into that port for comparison.

1 Like

Ya it happens depending on what was originally plugged into that port and what changes were made to that ports settings. That’s why I suggested a reset, as it can be easier than finding the “reset to default” setting.

2 Likes

I guess all the high def cable boxes I plugged into tvs had some electronics in them that auto-reset the ports to default…I could’ve just forgotten, but I sure don’t remember having to reset anything…ever…???

Hdmi 1 had the firestick plugged into it…onn was plugged into and set up on hdmi 3. Removed firestick from hdmi 1 & inserted onn. However, I did not power off the tv per @Miki 's advice. Ill give that a shot & let y’all know…thx 2 all!

2 Likes

All I know is ive seen hdmi cables cause many issues. Usually screen flickering but others as well. Its always an easy test to try before you get out the power tools :joy:

Some top line TVs do it well, others, not so good.

1 Like

Oh yeah…I’ve opened bags & pulled out several bad hdmi cables in a row before…they can easily be faulty right out of the package…I just can’t understand why I never knew about the hdmi port reset…I guess because I never had to…you & Mik definitely taught this ole dog a new trick :+1: :+1:

My bedroom tv was like that ,…had to go into tv setting and fit to screen

1 Like

Sorry, @Miki …struck out on all combo’s of plugging in/unplupping/stand on head/stick wet finger in socket, etc…I can factory reset and reinstall on hdmi 1, but I was hoping there was another way to get to the initial setup screen. FYI, when I plugged the fs into hdmi 3, the viewing screen was smaller than the tv screen, which doesnt make sense, but explains why the onn screen was to large for hdmi 1. (Are you totally confused now, also??)
thx

Totally confused. Sorry it didn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.