ONN Android TV Box - My ONNest Opinion

Oh ya tried that. The displayed text is super small. Sorry Pirate but with a half dozen problems in the first minute of use I’m going to delete it and try finding a Silk Substitute. Tx though. Think I’ll give TV Bro a shot next. If I temember it’s in Troy’s RAI.

3 Likes

Yeah I never use that browser for reading. I just stream video from webpages . Other than that I have no use for a browser on my tv. Hope you find a solution . I think there’s one in the play store called TV Browser . It’s a red icon.

1 Like

Ok it’s an orange app called TV Internet Browser . Maybe give that a try . Let me know how it works for you
:pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

1 Like

I have Puffin. I only want one for streaming and so far none can stream what Silk does on my Max. TV Bro uninstalled now as well.

3 Likes

Puffin only lets you use it for a certain amount of time per day . If you want unlimited use of it then you have to buy the paid version. There was a glitch with puffin too big I can’t rember what it was. :thinking:

2 Likes

Nope it refuses to show the correct date and day no matter what I do. Wow and android TV is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips. It isn’t.

1 Like

What doesn’t show the correct date?

1 Like

TV Internet Browser. Looks like The ONN is headed for electronic purgatory like the KM2

1 Like

You’re obviously a fire stick guy. That’s what you are used to using . Do a factory reset on the onn box and being it back for a refund . That’s about all the advice I can give you :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not about the device Pirate, it’s the limitations. Everyone puts Amazon FireOS down but I can do more with that OS than this Android TV that’s all. Not having a fully functional Internet browser in this day and age is just sad. But that’s a small thing, but these small things are adding up. Good enough for a backup but not a daily user imho.

2 Likes

Ive never had a problem with the browser it’s great for streaming video on websites. As far as reading I would never use my tv webroser to read as websites are designed for people to read on a computer or phone in front of them. Not a screen 10 feet away from them . Dozens of my customers have this box and stream on it daily and Ive never got a complaint from them. Just stick to what you’re used to .
Good luck :pirate_flag:

1 Like

Well I don’t know what browser you’re using that allow you to stream everything but not one has been capable of streaming any live sports events from stream2watch. I can get some free movies and channels, but nowhete as many as the Amazon Silk.
Not sticking to what I know, that’s boring. It’s about learning for me and I rarely quit. Oh and thanks for your suggestions, certainly not your fault they didn’t work up to my needs. Good night and good luck to you as well.

2 Likes

I use the Open Browser . I’ll message you a link for a website to stream from.

1 Like

I have tons of links thanks Pirate. I just want a fully functioning browser like Silk. I even tried installing that but no luck. I’ll give Firefox a go tomorrow. Lots of options yet. Take care PP.

2 Likes

Good luck. Cordcutting is an adventure and I always found that hunting for what you want and finally finding it is the funniest part of cordcutting. More so than the money saving aspect. Have fun on your adventure :pirate_flag:

1 Like

Same here. I ran into no issues with the apps not appearing. Mine set up quick and easy…ask our Grandson…he loves it

2 Likes

I’m dumbfounded as to how they can sell that box for only $20.

2 Likes

You, myself and a slew of others here. My next project is to expand the memory. I have everything but the time at the moment. Soon though. Just ordered a KM6 about an hour ago to play with and hopefully it becomes the living room box and move Shield Pro to bedroom or vice versa

3 Likes

Sounds fun. Let me know how you like the km6 . I love the km2 . I know the km6 has more memory & the newer amlogic chipset… X5? but the 2 is Netflix 4k certified which means nothing to me because I don’t use it lol.
The woodgrain on the box is pretty cool. It reminds me of the griswalds station wagon in National Lampoon’s Vacation :sweat_smile: maybe we can nickname it the Mecool Griswalds edition lol. Are you planning on expanding the storage on the onn for removable storage or extra apps?

1 Like

It is a cool looking box. Just going to expand the memory for something to do and say I did it. Lol

1 Like