Onn. 4k UHD streaming box 2023 randomly resetting

I have the new 2023 Onn. 4k UHD box from walmart. Whenever i watch this thing it will just randomly restart itself. Its really aggravating because i can find nothing online addressing this issue. If anyone has had this issue and found a solution for it, i would really appreciate your input. I have factory reset it multiple times trying ro fix it with absolutely no luck.

1 Like

Welcome, it sounds like you’ve already done the right thing so might be defective. I would return it and see if a new one fixes the problem.

1 Like

Same issue here. I too have searched and searched for a solution. One gentleman posted something on YT and went as far as taking his TV apart to remove the IR receiver to solve the problem (he says). That did give me some ideas though. I disconnected all other devices to the TV that I was having an issue with and even removed the other remotes from the room. I was excited because the issue seemed to go away. Well, for a while. The same problem started again last night and again this morning. It only seems to be on this particular TV (Samsung) because I have an ONN connected to other TV’s and everything seems to work on them. The issue seems to stay with the TV itself because I have moved the ONN to other devices and it works fine.

When intermittent resetting issues have come up on this forum in the past…they were usually due to device overheating or power problems. If device doesn’t seem to be overheating…I would suggest swapping out power adapter & cable from ONN device that works properly & see if that makes a difference. (Not sure if you just swapped out ONN box or also the cables & power adapter) If none of that works…I would go ahead & return/replace the ONN device & try another one. Good thing about them is the easy, no questions asked 30 day return policy @ Wallyworld. Guess it could have something to do with the Samsung tv…but I’ve never had that problem with my ONN/Samsung setup. :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit: My Samsung is not a “smart” tv…

I have had this same exact thing happen on my Tivo Stream 4k. It is the most frustrating issue, as it would do it so randomly. I never did fully figure out the issue, I shelved it as I didn’t really need it, but I would honestly see if they can replace your Onn box as it likely is defective. Most of the Onn boxes are fine and normal, but there are defective ones out of the box as you would expect with a mass produced, cheap streaming device.

Definitely was not overheating. I have tried two different ONN devices (cables and all) on this Samsung with both doing the same thing. Yet they work fine on other TV’s. Hence, I believe it is the TV. I played around with the CEC settings before so maybe I will take another look at that.

Roger that…sounds like you’ve covered most of the troubleshooting steps…guessing also hdmi ports/cables…not sure why they would come into play with resetting but it’s an easy check. Only other thing I can think of is kinda’ along the lines you’re thinking…looking around in the internal settings on the tv. With my Samsung (relatively old model…7 yrs) I don’t remember ever changing anything on the tv to accommodate any of the devices I’ve used on it. I’d still R&R the ONN device…just in case it has gremlins in it :japanese_goblin: :eyes: GL2U

1 Like