Old Onn Box vs New (pictures of size comparison)

Just for people who like to visually compare… old box is on the left, new on the right. You can see the new one is substantially larger.

4 Likes

I just picked up the new one and was like “Wow that is a small box!” Had no idea the older one was even smaller. And these are miniature compared to my very Old T95Z Plus boxes. But what a fantastic box thus far and really liking the Google TV

4 Likes

They are both little by any standard. Reminds me of the old saying “good things come in small packages”, which is not always quite true, LOL, but in this case it seems to be. :grinning:

1 Like

I like to hang these little boxes with velcro on the back of tv’s…out of sight is good as long as remote still functions.

1 Like

That is a great idea, nice and tidy. Would the heat from the tv affect the box any?

just need to find a place thats not hot and I use industrial hook and loop strips that actually extend to box off of the tv about 1/8 inch so its not in contact.

better known as dual lock strips
Dual Lock Fastener 1in x 2in 8pcs Reclosable Interlocking Tape Heavy Duty Adhesive Hook Lock Sticky Back Mushroom Mounting Tape Black Color for Indoor and Outdoor: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
https://www.amazon.com/Fastener-Reclosable-Interlocking-Adhesive-Mushroom/dp/B09G5L4LSF/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3SN0OK1RDCFJZ&keywords=industrial+hook+and+loop+tape&qid=1682697262&sprefix=industrial+hook+and+loop%2Caps%2C466&sr=8-36

Okay, sounds good. I need a longer HDMI cord probably. And most definitely a longer power cord. Seems like they don’t make 'em long enough anymore. I mean, my power strip is on the floor not in the middle of the wall right behind the tv, lol… anyway… :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the link! I love a reason to go shop for stuff at Amazon. :+1:

1 Like

I just let mine hang down behind the tv. But that wouldn’t look nice is a wall mount config. But it maximizes heat dissipation.

Look in the box, two (2) sided tape is included. Hang it wherever you like.
It looks like a piece of cardboard trash, but it’s two side tape.

Kinda like the little prize in the Cracker Jacks… thanks for letting us know! :+1:

3 Likes