NvidiaShield +kodi slowdown

I was wondering if anyone has this problem too. I installed kodi on my Nvidia Shield and it is super slow. Wait time approximately 1-4 minutes to upload anything. Does any body know of a fix?

@OSUBeav

Welcome to the community.

You should be doing regular routine maintenance on your box, cleaning cache and uninstalled un used apps and such. Kodi works pretty fast on a nvidia from what i understand. Is your storage low? Are you stopping background apps after you close them?

1 Like

Look for the app “Fast Task Killer”. Whenever you start your Shield, run it. It will probably help with your problem. I think Troy has talked about that app, so you can probably find it at Troypoint.

1 Like

Hi Draco,

Yes, I do daily maintenance and turn off my router once a week. I’ve even tried turning my vpn off and it makes no difference. I just downloaded the fast task remover and it helped a little but not a huge difference.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully in the next update, nvidia will have a fix.

Hi MaverickCoast,

Downloaded the app and it help a little bit but not a huge difference. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.