NVIDIA update interferes with VPN

Since the latest NVIDIA update it seems that my VPN gets knocked offline every time I leave. I am using Pure VPN with VPN Safety Dot.
Thanks for any help.

try disabling safety dot and clearing cache on purevpn, reboot and first try the vpn and check it online …if that works try re-enabling the dot. Post back

The only problem I’ve encountered is the VPN Safety Dot shuts down when I turn my Shield Pro off at night. I have not (knock on wood) had any issues with my VPN getting knocked offline

1 Like

I dont use it anymore mainly because my vpn is on my router but when I did use it on a firestick (back in the old days) it would show protected even with the vpn off…I couldnt trust it.

2 Likes

Not sure why I’m still using it actually. The kill switch on my VPN works fantastic

2 Likes

Its nice to have if others would pay attention to it. Thats the main reason putting everything on the router. I would walk into a room where tv was supposed to be on vpn and it was disconnected and nobody cares to look and if they did wouldnt care :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I put the Safety dot on everything. Never failed me once. The latest system updates are out pacing app developers ability to keep up. So many variations.

Never had safety dot fail on me…going on 3 years.

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies. It turns out the NVIDIA update knocked the VPN offline entirely and they are still working to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

I will keep an eye for this if it’s fixed and make a post. If anyone has further android tv 11 fixes post them and I will make a sticky on it in Troy’s post.

Please be patient, hopefully things get corrected. Others have pointed out it has not effected them. But the fourms have alot of issues regarding it so hopefully a patch fix rollout comes.