Nvidia storage issue

Looking for suggestions… I have an nvidia shield with a usb drive. Not long ago i started getting a message saying “shields storage space is too low”. Under ‘internal shared storage’ it shows 8.3 gb available out of 12 total. It runs fine. Everything works but just irritating for that message to come and go.
For reference, the usb has 672mb available out of 121gb. And i have/do run different task killers along the way.

1 Like

I didnt know nvidea would warn about low external storage but there you go…it does. Not sure if that can be turned off or not. But you do have low storage on the usb and might want to double the capacity.

2 Likes

Yeah i was wondering if the amount on the USB played a part in it. Ill delete some stuff off the usb and see if that helps. I kinda figured it was just within the shield itself though.

I myself run an Nvidia Shield and this 1 is the 2017 model. I use a 16GB flash drive and have 12GB of internal storage. You must have a lot of games on there as I have, when checking my storage It shows 12GB internal and 15 GB in SanDisk USB. I have 3.7GB of apps with12GB available in the Sandisk with 1.4 GB and 10GB available internally. Now take into consideration I’ve got 71 apps with a major Kodi build in it too. I’ve got a pretty cool app suggestion that might help you. Have you ever heard of AppManagerPro3 ? I got it on the Unlinked superstore and it has literally made a believer out of me. As I stated in this conversation, I’m not a gamer so I’ve disabled a lot of apps that were useless to me and uninstalled many besides. I told you that I have as the Shield shows 27 GB( actually 28GB ) but it doesn’t round up. There’s a defragger and an app freezer that is as powerful as uninstalling the app as far as running in the background. You may be a fortunate and lucky streamer, as I have never had any success streaming Live TV without more available free space for storage than used. Now here’s the thing I also want to explain. After defragging I freeze my apps and they don’t start back up until I manually start them. I don’t think you have a storage issue but rather a Ram issue with that much running and that’s where you’re getting the low storage message. I may be wrong, but I don’t think so. It also has a clear cache on all apps button. Now that I got mine cleaned and set the way I like it I have 31.4 GB of total storage available, which is more by almost 4GB than it says it should by uninstalling, clearing all cache ( Not Data ), and defragging my main drive. Give it a try if you already haven’t and you will be able to uninstall all those specific task killer apps that never completely do what they say they do. Good Luck. If this works for you, simply share the Love

1 Like

AppMgrPro lll doesn’t work on the 4K Max. May need mouse toggle or at least a keyboard or the phone app. Either way it’s way to much effort for little gain imho.

1 Like

You will have to move some over to your usb and it should stop.

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to talk mess with it lately i don’t think theres much on it. No games. But ill look at whats been said here and go from there. Worst case, ill reset it. Thanks.

1 Like

Something you might try before you reset it is to reformat your memory stick to fat32 and then when you plug it in and asks if you would like to use it as shared memory click yes and then go to xplore and move some over to your usb drive. Or before you do anything unplug your memory stick go into xplore and it will tell you exactly what you have on your internal memory. Hope it works out for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.