Nvidia Shield TV Pro set up

Need some help turning on Developer Mode and Debugging. Thanks

I found this in the search at the top plus more. Just hit the magnifying glass

Thank you very much. This helps a lot.

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the TROYPOINT Insider. Please read the rules and regulations prior to posting another topic. Thank you.

Please use our search function regarding this further.

Also this topic/issue/problem/ or common thing as been discussed a lot and there is many topics on this, please use our search regarding this further. Making the same topics on info that’s already posted is against our rules. Old topics are available to post as they are not locked, our search would bring this up. Thank you for understanding.

Curious what you’re working on. I don’t think I’ve ever turned on developer mode on mine.

me as well. The shield works out of the box without much tinkering…unless you want to make a few adjustments that Troy advises with animation scale there really isnt any other reason :face_with_monocle:

Oh. I’ve done some deep diving to alter things like my ad profile. I have a bad sound issue where the sound reduces bit by bit on any movie or tv series I watch. So I’ve done a ton of reading to try and fix this. It’s my cheap sound system I think. I’ve had to turn off all the dolby stuff. I’ve modified a bunch of the dev options per some blogs. You’d be surprised where some of the settings are buried.

Besides the normal tweaking the animation scale and enabling Debugging. I also enabled " force apps to external. This way I can move individual apps to my external drive.

2 Likes

While on the subject as i also purchased a shield pro, will any wireless game controller work with this as the shield controller always seems sold out? Thanks

I would ask that in the Nidia Forums. I do know the Shield controller does a lot more than just used for gaming.

The Official NVIDIA Forums | NVIDIA

SHIELD TV Community | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

2 Likes

Ok thank you sir. Ill take a look.

Good morning. It would seem I made an incorrect assumption about streaming devices. After watching a couple of Troy’s tutorials (setting up the Firestick), I assumed everything needed to have debugging and developer mode turned on. Thanks for the replies.