Nvidia shield glitches

Is anyone else having a glitch
On the nvidia shield ?
Mine is flickering
Any suggestions on how to stop it?

1 Like

Check all your cables in and out use one brand new one and switch it with the older ones and check till you go through all. Never heard of it flickering. I have had mine for years now never had that problem. Also the internet service try going directly to modem and switch to wifi see if it makes a difference :crossed_fingers::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Done it
IT’s apparently internal
I’m gonna do a factory reset
See if that works

2 Likes

No issues here. Try swapping the hdmi cable

3 Likes

That’s what I said but apparently they did and no joy🤔

1 Like

yea. i’d say flickering is usually 80% the issue with cables or hardware failure. Hopefully cable issue :grimacing:

3 Likes

I always worry about boxes overheating, which is why I have fans on all of them. The Shield at least has internal cooling fans, but I still like to raise it up with a small fan under it to get it extra cool air. Heat and electrical components don’t mix well. Like Ron said, hopefully it can be fixed by replacing a cord. The only other thing I can think of is electrical interference that may cause it…either near the back of the box/cord, or near the plug/power strip.

2 Likes

Ok so I factory reset my box and it stopped.
Back to normal working perfectly

8 Likes

Well that’s good news! But would still like to know why it happened to avoid it in the future.

2 Likes

Only thing I can think of
Is I rarely if ever turn my box off
Maybe it just needed to reboot IDK

1 Like

There is also an internal fan set to auto. I keep mine on high all the time and also have a small external usb fan helping.

2 Likes

Ditto Ron, I have the same. I used a little tablet stand with adjustable arm to hold it up in the air and put a fan underneath.

3 Likes

itty bitty fan aka miniture hurricane :joy:

That’s very sexy! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I think I used the same fan lol. I used this:

believe it or not that fan was ordered by mistake. Its only about 2 inches by 2 and when I saw it …well I thought dam the fine print :joy:…but I was amazed at the output and zero sound.

2 Likes

Mine is doing the same I was asking ask and no one seems to know how to improve it.

I factory reset mine and its great
Runs perfect now

2 Likes

I keep seeing factory reset… Morgan I could use your help if you don’t mind… I’m 77 years old & I don’t quite know what factory reset means… I mean if I factory reset it I’ll lose everything right? I had someone set it up for me 3 years ago so I don’t know what he did. Is there any way to provide steps, if that’s what is needed or anything you might can help me with, would be greatly greatly appreciated by this old guy.
BLESSINGS to you Morgan!

Before you factory reset
You should try unplugging the power cord for a few minutes
I did this on a previous nvidia shield I had and it fixed the glitch
Unplug the power for a few minutes
See if that helps

3 Likes