Nvidia shield and tube

I recently hooked up to fiber optic internet (yes real fiber) 500 mbps. All my devices are on Wi-Fi and all are doing great in the speed tests, Usually right around 500 both up and down but my shield and my tube are not even close usually high 300s down and about half of that for upload and of course when using a VPN it gets cut in about half. was just curious if maybe the shield And tube Cannot handle that speed of Internet, would appreciate any feedback, Thank you

@Boligee

300 down with vpn on is really good.

2 Likes

No, I’m only getting about 370 down Without the VPN, Around 160 down with the VPN on

@Boligee

That’s still good and all you need to stream. There is alot of variables here.

My suggestion to take a look in our networking categories i have posted some stuff there and steps. Id just leave it at that as your speed is good. The main reason if on wifi is probably farher away from the router/modem which means losewr wifi speeds.

2 Likes

Great,thanks I am very pleased With the speed, But I was having a bit of a problem with YouTube TV yesterday I just signed up for it because they gave me $10 off a month For a year it was doing a bit of buffering but I think that was probably something to do with the app not the shield

@Boligee

If you are using a paid app like that, id take the vpn off or split tunnel so that app doesnt require a vpn which would benefit from the 300 down. At 170 down you shouldnt see mu h buffering unless you are having packet loss or interruptions of your internet.

Its possible is the app. Or heavy use. Id split tunnel all paid apps like netflix and stuff.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.