Nvidia sheild missing apps

so i came home from 10days vacation and my tivi mate app is gone as wll as any stand alone tv apps i had installed has this happened to anyone else

never heard of that one. Did you leave it on?

edit…My firestick kept deleting red box one time and just one of 2 sticks :eyes:

1 Like

no i will play around and see what i can find i wonder if nvida sent an update when i restarted that did something

i found them buried using the gear and search all it removed them from the favorites and the apps key on the front page but they are there and recovoerable to favorites
thanks i does look ilke it was caused by update

2 Likes

Try turning off play protect I had that problem a while ago and turned off play protect and have no prob anymore

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Yes, I have google play protect disabled. I started up the shield today and clicked on TeaTV. Nothing happened. I force stopped it and then tried again and nothing happened. So I rebooted the shield, and now TeaTV (along with several other sideloaded applications) are just GONE. I ran unlinked and tried to reinstall them, but all I get are error messages or crashes. Anyone know what is going on?

If all your apps are gone then you don’t have nothing to lose if you do factory reset.

Well, all my usual streaming apps like Netflix, MAX, Hulu, etc. are still there and work perfectly. The only things gone are apps I sideloaded like TeaTV, and when I attempt a reinstall, I just get and error message or a crash. Not sure how a factory reset would help.

I Don’t use TeaTV but I do use stremio with real debrid and it plays great on my nvidia shield pro. It might help

I have also had 3rd party apps disappear from My Shield an have to reload . With play protect turned off .

I always recommend stremio, once setup it just works, loads up everytime no problems. Also kodi with a few addons installed is a very good option.
Apps like cinema, teatv, and filmplus in my opinion shouldn’t be recommended as they seem to be always having issues.

Turn off Google play protect, Google play services, Google play store.

Turn off Google play services and Google play store.

Are you using an external hard drive that houses these apps?

I am and everything is turned off .

You should test the integrity of your external storage device. You can disconnect the storage device and connect to a pc or laptop and use the error correction tools in the device properties tab.

This can be done with flash drives and USB drives. A failing drive, bad sectors, or thermally compromised drives will not read and/or write normally and can cause normal function to change.