Nord VPN auto-renewal

I did a search to see if this is a topic previously posted. I have been with Nord for six years. In 2018 I paid $99 for three years and in 2021 I paid another $99 for three years. This year they auto renewed me for $99.48 for one year!!!

The thing to do is turn off auto renewal and remove the credit card details.

Then a few weeks before renewal, google their offers. I did that and got 2 years for the same price as their annual renewal.

By the way you can add an offer at any time during your current subscription.

The offer you pay for is then added to your current subscription.

Then turn off auto renewal and removed your cc details.

1 Like

Regrettably, this is a prevalent issue encountered by all leading VPN providers, which is why it is highlighted as the best option above. Alternatively, you may consider establishing a fresh account, ensuring that all personal information has been thoroughly eradicated from the initial account.

Alternatively, you could explore an alternative offer from another provider to ascertain if you can secure a more advantageous arrangement.

Thanks for the advice. I think I’m going to explore Proton and Express. Nord speeds 847 off & 211 on. I hope Proton is as good as Miki said.

Thanks for the advice. I did turn off auto renew. I was not able to remove my credit card info. I paid with American Express and they are very good at pulling a charge. I am not very happy with their customer service. All I can do is email them and wait for a reply. It’s been about three hours and no reply yet.

All you have to do to remove your credit card is, go this link, and sign in.

Look for account details, billing, and then subscriptions, and there you will find your credit card, which you can then remove.

1 Like

Appreciate the guidance. NordVPN did the exact same thing to me. I just sucked up the increase because I didn’t have the time/energy to deal with finding a replacement. Will likely switch to SurfShark in October when the term expires.

Two items I found using Google.

Who owns Surfshark?
The founder of Surfshark is Vytautas Kaziukonis. In 2022, Surfshark and Nord Security merged under one holding company to form a cybersecurity powerhouse while still operating independently.

What VPN is better than NordVPN?
If price is your main concern, choose NordVPN. However, ExpressVPN offers faster speeds than NordVPN and about 100 more server locations. Depending on what country and location you want to connect to through your VPN, ExpressVPN may be a better choice.

Two items I found using Google.

Who owns Surfshark?
The founder of Surfshark is Vytautas Kaziukonis. In 2022, Surfshark and Nord Security merged under one holding company to form a cybersecurity powerhouse while still operating independently.

What VPN is better than NordVPN?
If price is your main concern, choose NordVPN. However, ExpressVPN offers faster speeds than NordVPN and about 100 more server locations. Depending on what country and location you want to connect to through your VPN, ExpressVPN may be a better choice.

I tried that at least a half a dozen times. There was nothing to click on concerning my credit card to remove it. If I reactivated my auto pay I could click on update. It would not let me remove my credit card but would allow me to enter another credit card. I’m just going to let American Express reverse the charge.

1 Like

I’m in Canada. The absolute price isn’t a concern, more that the value is declining (i.e. 1 year for the same price which I used to get for 3 years.)

Honestly this same principle is about 80% why I started down this IPTV path. One of our major Canadian telecom conglomerates (more accurately described as a monopoly) just decided to jack up non-contracted cell plans by $8 per month. Just because… I have 7 plans.

Yes it’s a money issue but I’m just so disgusted by the arrogance. Wiping out their revenue stream for their mediocre cable package is my tiny protest. I’m under no illusion that the competition is materially better but once I move all my business away, I’ll feel a little less of a sucker.

Thanks for the info fe1!

2 Likes

I could see my credit card details by looking at this, but also no way to actually remove them. As it happens, I also see that the credit card I used at my last renewal will have expired before the next renewal is due so they would not be able to use it.

If you renew your credit card with the same CC company, and it has the same cc number, the vpn company will still debit your old card upon renewal. And the bank will raise that charge against your new card.

Option 1: A few weeks before renewal, look for a deal on the web and pay for it.
It will be added to your existing subscription.

Option 2. Get a new card from a new cc provider and don’t add it to your vpn account,if indeed you wish to remain with them.

AFAIK disabling " auto renewal" will also end your current membership with the vpn company.

I called North VPN and they did not offer 3 years anymore. So I was able to get a really good rate for 2 years at $76. Because I said I was gonna go to surf shark.

2 Likes

I always use a virtual credit card. That way I am able to lock it and unlock it at will or delete it or change the number.

djank, I have a Visa Card with Costco can I do a virtual transaction with that? If so, can you walk me through the process? Thank You.

I recently disabled auto renewal on my Nord account and it
did not end my subscription. I received an email confirming auto renewal had been disabled.

I would really like to get that phone number for Nord.

I think that is not possible according to the link below.

1 Like