No Internet Connection with Side-loaded Apps

I can’t get an internet connections with any side loaded apps from Troypoint toolbox. This all started with my ONN box 5 days ago. Btw, I use the ONN box for over 6 months with no problems. Thinking it might be the box I purchased a new one ONN… Same problem … So than I purchase the new Firestick 4K max… Same problem I had with the ONN box… Therefore I concluded it’s not the the box… I have internet connection on all my other devices, iPhone, computer etc,

So far I done all the following:
*rebooted my router and modem 3-4 times
*reset my tv to factory settings
*contacted my cable company. they rebooted my modem as well
*restarted my Firestick multiple times
*restored my ONN box to factory settings and reinstalled it

I do get a internet connection if i do a remote restart (every time) on my Firestick. But as soon as I make a connection and try to advance within that app it losses the connection…

This code seems to pop up at times… " Diag Mode: Boot_Completed Detected"

I never got that message until this issue started…

In desperate need of help !!

Thanks

Turn off play protect in google settings and turn off auto update in android settings.

1 Like

Hello @warhorse have you tried rebooting your cable modem and router? Also, if using a VPN try turning off and see if it works. If it does, use a different server next time you connect.

Hello- I’m using Surf Shark and did what you suggested. My apps did work after I turned off the VPN.
I turned it back on using a different server but the same problem occurred. So I uninstalled Surf Shark and and reinstalled it from the Amazon app store… Now EVERYTHING works fine!! So it was the VPN causing the issue…

Thank you for your help!!

1 Like

Hello- I found out it was my VPN (Surf Shark) causing the issue. To fix it I had to uninstall and reinstall it.
The issue was fixed by doing that ,

Thank you for your response and advise!

1 Like