Newbie setup for Firestick 4k

just checked on my stick working fine

It’s hit and miss with that add-on i personally don’t recommend it. If you want IPTV i use Promise.

agree i use it as a back up there are other free apps that are better depending on what you want to watch

Have a good URL for the promise? Interesting that their repository seems to be down for an install but it still works on devices I already have it installed on. Thanks.

Is Promise a app or apk ?

I believe an apk?!?! Here is the install info: How To Install The Promise Kodi Addon – WirelesSHack

But it says it’s down, however I already have it installed on another device and it still works yet I can’t download it on another device.

I’m setting up a fire stick for a friend, we have setup surf shark, realdebrid etc.
My question is , what is the best setup for some new to cord cutting.
Do I?
Set up with some simple apks for them to play around with
Set up with Kodi with some add-ons
Set up Kodi with a popular build eg: Superman
St up Kodi with forks to add several builds
Thank you for your time.
D

All of the above. Test driving a Kodi build and a couple good APKs will be likely all your friend needs to get their feet wet.

Your friend will gravitate towards what source app is most comfortable and likely most performing.

1 Like

I suggest Kodi with the Crew and Daddy Live addons. RealDebrid or Premiumize and Tivimate with IPTV and VOD package. Surf Shark or IPVanish as the VPN. I would NOT use a build for them till they get used to the basics. IMHO, a build will not work as smooth on a firestick 4k and may lead to frustration. (At least that was my experience) At the end of the day, I just want to watch stuff hassle and buffer free if possible.
2.5 Gb fiber internet helps, but of course all that is not necessary for a FS4K.
Start em off with simple I say, and “build” from there. The MINIMUM hardware I would suggest for a build would be a Cube. And here comes the debates in 3…2…1…Ü

1 Like

For my customers, who are new to the whole streaming world, I don’t install kodi. To much of a bear to learn for the starter. I’ll use things like OnStream and SportsFire as well as freevee and the Silk browser with a few bookmarks for live sites. Then slowly introduce them to IPTV and Stremio.

4 Likes

Superman was good but troypoint Diggz xenon with scrubs add on for free movies …if you go Superman add on Asgard go to non debrid for free movie shows and tv

1 Like

Avoid Kodi builds and forks. They take up valuable space on a firestick and don’t provide any additional features or functionality.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help, what are the top 5 apps you would suggest?
Much appreciated
D

Cheers👍

use the search at top right…it looks like a magnifying glass. I found this there for you to peruse and choose…thanks to the OP back in '22.

1 Like

Is your Daddylive still working?

Daddylive stopped working a few weeks ago. I did a search on this site and everyone says it is working. Tried uninstalling then reinstalling still no luck. Am I missing something?

Seems daddylive works when they air and other time not at all I so I also use MEGA IPTV and it does the same thing

Yes all working here