New MPA Piracy PSA Released for Holiday Season

Originally published at: https://troypoint.com/new-mpa-piracy-psa-released-for-holiday-season/

The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center (IPR Center) has partnered with the Motion Picture Association (MPA) and its global content protection arm, the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) to launch two new public service announcements that inform consumers about the many harms they face when viewing pirated movies and television shows. Tell us…

5 Likes

that first video I have no words…

I do but Troy would ban me. :confounded:

Not sure where they planned to play this PSA but most of the people that are watching pirated content will not see it.

1 Like

That actually is the funniest thing I’ve seen all weekend. :laughing::laughing::laughing::smiling_face: Thanks @TROYPOINT for the laughs today.

1 Like

LOL so the Boogeyman really does exist? If these Bozos think this will deter folks from watching what they want how they want it maybe they need to show some actual concrete evidence of my house getting looted because I streamed Yellowstone episode.

I just find it funny that they are really trying to stop streaming services without addressing the actual reason for why people “cut the cord” in the first place. Of course they will blame their high prices on pirated content, but it becomes a “what came first, the chicken or the egg” debate. If prices were not so exorbitant, people would never have had a need to look for other options.

3 Likes

It’s all driven by greed.

1 Like

You know that first video make it excellent video for a VPN advertisement. Maybe for surfshark. Oh s*** now I’m going to start seeing that all over my tablet. LOL