NEW! Live TV category on Shield Pro UI

What device do you use.

I use a 2019 Nvidia Sheild Pro .

What I found that works is you need to disable Developer Options. then you can update Android WebView through the Google Play Store.

Advice: When you disable Developer Option it will clear every setting in DV back to Default. So, prior to disabling DV make sure you take note of all the setting you configured so you can put them back the way you had them.

Btw, after you disable DV, to re-enable it you will have to do the "click 7 times on Build again to re-enable.

Live TV featured just appeared this evening while in the middle of use - lol.

So it acts as a hub for free live TV access across different provider platforms, eh? Different channels may require different app installs (Tubi, Pluto, etcā€¦) while others donā€™t.

Nothing wrong with forward progress.

1 Like

Another new category tab just popped up on my Shield.

Thereā€™s a ā€œSHOPā€ tab now, between the Live and Discover tabs.

1 Like

I have the 2019 Shield Pro and neither of those categories have shown up for me yet.

I donā€™t mind it but with it could integrate and pull my OTA channels in and display themā€¦thank would make it very useful

Hauppauge 1657 WinTV-dualHD Cordcutter Dual USB 2.0 TV Tuner for Nvidia Shield

This is the Way for That Which you Seek !

I wonder if you can use 2 and split for 4 tuners??? :face_with_monocle:

Yeah, I read where they were going to include that, too.

What @Reece suggested would work. Also, a HomerunHD, and Slingā€™s AirTV.

1 Like

I believe this is a Google TV thing. Not certain if Android TV is the same?

Thanks @Reece I do have that tuner installed and I use the old live channels app to watch OTA TVā€¦canā€™t figure out if the new live TV tab can pull the channels, sofar it has not. Donā€™t want to go the HDhomerun route as itā€™s a bit expensive.

1 Like

I did try a splitter and used two antennas to feed this tuner. Still cant get PBS, but it did get some OTA stuff in my area. Overall, probably due to my location and lack of desire to install a roof mount or pole, I just disconnected everything and the tuner sits in a ā€œto do laterā€ drawer. My quest for a solid (local) PBS feed is ongoing.

1 Like