Netgear Wi-Fi routers need to be patched immediately

A serious flaw found affecting almost a dozen Netgear Wi-Fi routers

Netgear Wi-Fi routers need to be patched immediately | TechRadar

6 Likes

Every router had vulnerabilities… hackers can do alot of things. Most hackers dont care about your home network… the biggest things for security is firewall, vpn, spyware and malware protection. Stay away from broswer extensions.

2 Likes

Thanks TXRon, appreciate the info here
As an avid Netgear Enthusiast and Happy Owner of a few NightHawk Routers, I did indeed manage to update the firmware on both (without bricking either one!) Lo and behold, my internet is indeed faster, which is surely favorable to quality streams and less buffering. The speed increase, however, may be due to the necessary reboot for the firmware update process to complete.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

switched to TP LINK ROUTER never had another issue. been 6 months. was going up and down all the time not a fan of netgear wi-fi routers

Thanks for the heads up Ron always can count on you posting something interesting. Glad I got rid of my Netgear router and upgraded to the Asus rt-ax86u

2 Likes

Dont get rid of your router or netgear because you hear some story of some flaw. Patches will happen and frimware will be upgraded. Intel, amd and even everything you use spys on you or has some issuss that way.

Samsung, apple, google and all actually spy on you and do things you cant see and that’s not even a flaw… they intentionally do it. Tiktok is spyware and proven to keylog your entire phome and everything you do. Location services… voice services. Id be more worried about big tech than this. Just use common sense with your banking info.

2 Likes

10-4, Happy birthday Sir…enjoy your day :crazy_face: :partying_face: :skull_and_crossbones:

If that cake means what Ron just wished you…then Happy Birthday also…I’m a Capricorn myself :goat:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.